Forest River Cherokee Wolf Pack 365PACK16

ddm502001

Found a 2021 within an hour of here, going to look at it Sunday this coming weekend.  Any Pointers?  They Bought New, started price at $54k, need cash out of toys, dropped to reasonable per JDPowers to $49,9.  Not really sure if a bargain at any price.

Floor Plan works for the two of us, the Garage Space is huge for needs but also a handy to expand size.

Dave

The Wolf Pack toy haulers are not at the upper end of qaulity and get 2.5 stars (out of five) on RVInsider. I would recommend looking into the construction of the chassis (Lippert? Rail size?) and have a qualified RV inspector or certified RV technician give it a good once-over. It would be money well spent.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Been speaking with a RV Tech in Jefferson City (Independent), he has worked on this very one.  Surprisingly he was rather receptive to the model this one is.  Stated has seen a few bad builds, generally after 2021 model year came out.  Gave me a list of look at points otherwise he noted was a decent 'Starter' for a couple looking to initiate the use.  He had seen dozens of laid out the big bucks on Glampers only to see the same ones languish at a storage lot unused as unaffordable to use.  Stated will be there as knows the couple and will walk us thru the ugly aspects of inspect and in front of them.

Called the guy on that inspect, said need to call owner as he is getting mixed message from her.  So texted as to Tomorrow and appears is off again.  She stated has another interested party but at a better price, did add the come on we could always better their offer and I said No.  Walked away and left it where it is.  Believe I will fall back lick a few wounds and pause for awhile.  Seems the owners believe are sitting on major money and when do not get responses except as lower bids they play games.  Dealers around here are not open Sundays, been all over the RVT, RV Trader and other sites, just not seeing what we could accept or secondly pay for.

Towel is tossed for now, will continue as we had been just riding to destinations and leave the Big Blue sit it out for now.

Dave

Edited by ddm502001

Good luck finding one that fits you for a reasonable price.  Seems covid drove prices up.  Folks selling have paid too much and think they are sitting on a gold mine.  We've been looking for a couple years since ours got destroyed by momma nature.  For now, we are limiting our trips and flying or taking the train and staying in 4-5 star hotels.  Overall, for a yearly period, cost has not been outrageous.  I hate flying over places I would normally spend time visiting/enjoying but at this time, it's what we have.  We will continue to shop around but we are being picky.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

32 minutes ago, NDBirdman said:

Good luck finding one that fits you for a reasonable price.  Seems covid drove prices up.  Folks selling have paid too much and think they are sitting on a gold mine.  We've been looking for a couple years since ours got destroyed by momma nature.  For now, we are limiting our trips and flying or taking the train and staying in 4-5 star hotels.  Overall, for a yearly period, cost has not been outrageous.  I hate flying over places I would normally spend time visiting/enjoying but at this time, it's what we have.  We will continue to shop around but we are being picky.

Can relate to that 'Picky' aspect!!  Thanks

Dave

Been speaking with a few people that deal with RVs, said to wait, likely this late summer to early fall the Over Loaded bottom is going to collapse on All manner of Fifth Wheel RVs including Toy haulers as the very number up for sale Used and Over produced New are knocking the price column WAY Down already.