Off-site Parking at 2023 Escapade

Hello All, 

This will be my first Escapade, and I'm not familiar with Tucson.

Trying to figure out where I can dry camp with my PU and cargo trailer. I noticed on the Days End list that most spots are on the west side of the 19, which seems far to me to drive each day to attend the event. And within the app 'Free Roam' there is a pull-off about 20 minutes away, would rather not pull up camp each day though. However, I was wondering about the space across the street from the fairgrounds on the east side of Houghton Rd? Is it public BLM land? Does it fill up quickly with others such as myself?  Looking at the satellite imagery it appears there is a flat round spot to pull off for a couple days, allowing me to walk over to the fairgrounds across the street. Anyways....

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Marla

Edited by MikaSkye
needed tags

When we were there last there was a steak house restaurant 1 exit east of the Pima County Fair Grounds exit that allowed dry camping in the large gravel lot to the west of it.  I don't recall the name of it but it is at the intersection of the north frontage road and S Vail View Road. Do you realize that Escapade has dry camping areas on the grounds as well? And there are shower facilities available to attendees?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

35 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

When we were there last there was a steak house restaurant 1 exit east of the Pima County Fair Grounds exit that allowed dry camping in the large gravel lot to the west of it.  I don't recall the name of it but it is at the intersection of the north frontage road and S Vail View Road. Do you realize that Escapade has dry camping areas on the grounds as well? And there are shower facilities available to attendees?

Hi Kirk, thank you for the reply. I think I will just rip off the proverbial band-aid and pay the $235 for dry camping within the event.  Sometimes I tend to get claustrophobic in certain situations/crowds. (Fingers crossed.🤞)

Thanks again. :) 

When you stay off site for an Escapade you actually miss some of the things that are my favorites. Impromptu socials in the campground are a favorite part for me. There is also evening entertainment that you miss unless you stay late most evenings and there are also assorted gatherings after the end of each day's program events but before the entertainment. Meeting other SKP members is what keeps most of us going back.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

If staying on the grounds you can request to be parked with the Boomers, Xscapers or Solos if that would interest you. They all boondock a lot so you may have more in common and get some great boondocking help.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

13 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

If staying on the grounds you can request to be parked with the Boomers, Xscapers or Solos if that would interest you. They all boondock a lot so you may have more in common and get some great boondocking help.

I may do that...I'll try reaching out to the organizer. Thanks :) 

3 hours ago, MikaSkye said:

I may do that...I'll try reaching out to the organizer. Thanks :) 

If you use the Escapade web site to register I believe I saw a space to check if you want to be parked with a specific group.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel