Visible vs Verizon for internet Frustrations

We have a stationary place in the mountains of VA for the summers. On the road, I use Visible connected to a modem for internet with few problems. I also have a Verizon Jet Pack (post paid 30GB). I also have a weboost with a directional antenna. First, the jetpack works fine, being able to maintain a 10-20mbps down speed most of the time. The only problem is the data limit. The Visible connection is where it gets weird. I have a Blade A7 connected to a modem via usb cable and Network Cell Info Lite. The phone without the weboost wants to go to band 13. The signal strength is good, showing between -70 to -85 dBs, but can only transfer  <1mbps down and around 4 up. Using the weboost and depending on the direction of the antenna, I can most of the time get the phone to switch to band 4. While the Network Cell Info Lite shows less than stellar speed, somewhere around -115 dBs, the transfer rate, is 6-8 mbps, which is fast enough for me to stream and I'm happy with that. The problem is, I can't keep it on band 4. Sometimes I have success by rebooting everything. Sometimes I have success by trying to force a channel change from the maintenance keyboard (*#*#4636#*#*), but there are times when nothing works. I would be happy if I could keep it on band 4 or if I could get sufficient data on the jetpack. Any suggestions appreciated.

Rick