Carpet to laminate flooring

My motorhome is a 2004 Tropi/Cal T396 I am thinking of removing the carpet on the floor an leave the carpet on the slideouts ,but I have heard that some slideouts need carpet to slide on an if laminate flooring was to be installed it would scratch the flooring .Are there any Tropi/Cal owners that have tried this ? Thanks Rick 

I replaced the carpet in our 5th wheel last year with laminate and to make sure the slides won't contact it we just put down a couple of strips of carpet before the slides are pulled in.

Denny 

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

• 3 weeks later...

We did the same in our 02 National Seabreeze. We put a few strips of leftover flooring down before we bring the slide in. It will scratch otherwise. The leading edge of the slide also drops down further as it moves in than it used to with the carpet, still working on an easy solution to that. I don’t think strips of carpeting would work for us, they wouldn’t stay in place and might get dragged and jammed up the under the slide as it went out.

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com

2002 National Sea Breeze

2004 Harley Electra Glide Classic