Tahoe Toad

Jackie

Hi

We have a 2018 Chevy Tahoe that we want to tow behind our motorhome.  The problem is that on the 2018 they say to disconnect the battery.  That being said, we have a brake buddy that has to have power to operate.  What do most people do in this situation??

thanks 

• 3 months later...

I can't say for certain on a Tahoe but my 2015 Colorado also says to disconnect the battery.  The is due to the electric assist power steering.   You might want to run the 12v supply to power the brake buddy and keep the battery disconnected.  I used the Roadmaster disconnect relay so all I need to do is flip a switch on the dash to disconnect.

• 8 months later...

I tow a 2018 Tahoe Premier behind my Tiffin.  Per GM you must use a disconnect on the Negative battery terminal…..I had the base-plate installer run a 12V power source (plug) for my Patriot braking system. I do run an umbilical from my RV to my Tahoe to insure constant charging.  OR: What techdad55 said above…..