Automatic Locks

Timbo

Hello,

I'm looking to replace the exterior lock on my travel trailer.  I am looking for a lock that automatically locks when the door closes.  I would really like this extra security.  A lock with a key code would be ideal.  Please let me know.

Tim

Welcome to the forum!  I would also be interested in one of these locks.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Our current RV has the keypad lock.  One button, when leaving, locks the door and all the lower compartments.  It is really convenient.  I am guessing this system could be installed on any type of RV.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

2 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

Our current RV has the keypad lock.  One button, when leaving, locks the door and all the lower compartments.  It is really convenient.  I am guessing this system could be installed on any type of RV.

Is this hard-wired to the lower compartments or Bu-tooth?  Is this an add-on you or someone has done or does it come as an upgrade from stealership?  Brand?  Does it incorporate a deadbolt accessible only on the inside?  I'd love more info please.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

21 hours ago, Timbo said:

Hello,

I'm looking to replace the exterior lock on my travel trailer.  I am looking for a lock that automatically locks when the door closes.  I would really like this extra security.  A lock with a key code would be ideal.  Please let me know.

Tim

Check out these https://www.rvlock.com/   They came on our DRV and work well with the remote, they are not automatic but push button.

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold