Door mirror wiring on a 1999 Volvo VNL.

Tom'sRedwood38GK

Here we go again......

I am replacing the door mirrors on our new to us Volvo VNL 610. The new mirrors have the wiring for the heated mirrors and adjustable plus the blinker.   Here is my problem, when I pulled the wiring for the old mirrors there was no quick disconnect plug to change this over on the original wiring just the CB and the 6 wire cord that went from the original mirror to inside the truck firewall.  Has anyone taken on this project and if so how did you rewire everything?  None of the wires match and any help in reducing my fix time would be great.  I would like to be able to get the plug-ins for the wiring if there is a place I can order them that would be great too.

Thanks,

Life is great when you can scratch that hitch itch.........

1999, Volvo VNL 610, D12/10 spd Eaton, Manual, 370 gears   Aka  The Beast

2014 Crossroads Redwood 38GK     Used to be called the Beast Tamer when I had to tow with my old 1 ton Dodge but not anymore!!

I don't think the '99 series trucks had the lighted turn signal option.  I have the heated and power mirrors on ours though.  Maybe a trip to a wrecking yard to find a pigtail that will plug into the new mirrors, then you can track what wires are what by applying power.  In the harness, white is ground.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks, Jim

I was going through my paperwork I received with the truck and found a wiring numbering system Volvo uses to identify the wiring. I am going see if I can find the color codes to go with the numbers in the manual.  If anyone has an idea which direction I might want to head let me know.  The new mirrors rock make the rig look totally different.

Life is great when you can scratch that hitch itch.........

1999, Volvo VNL 610, D12/10 spd Eaton, Manual, 370 gears   Aka  The Beast

2014 Crossroads Redwood 38GK     Used to be called the Beast Tamer when I had to tow with my old 1 ton Dodge but not anymore!!

Archived