Dometic refer drain water hose

Has anyone replaced the flex plastic water drain on the back, outside, of their refrigerator?

Mine has broken off near the top and no way I have arms long enough nor skinny enough

to reach in there to replace it . Bought the replacement hose from one of the RV salvage

shops in Elkhart. Right now I have rigged up a funnel and drain hose but water sometimes gets by my rig.

Any help greatly appreciated!  (two door side by side refer with top and bottom vents outside)

Regards,

Catfish

'08 Chebbie K3500; '07 Teton Sunrise Experience;
Native Texan/Transplanted Tarheel; Retired USMC

​LDO

You will need to disconnect the electric and gas connections and then slide it forward into the RV to get room to reach up there. If it is a large refrigerator you may need to pull it completely out of its cabinet. It isn't difficult but could be heavy.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On our Norcold, the hose is threaded through a hole on the fridge, but is attached to the drip tray inside the fridge, not a fitting on the outside.  Maybe, if yours is the same, you could thread a wire or string through the hole in the fridge down to where you can reach, and connect the new hose and pull it through.

What Kirk said! If the replacement house is white chuck it in the trash bin. Either use black (UV & heat resistant) or tygon. I used Tyson & formed a dip trap to prevent warm air infiltration. I also slipped a spring over it to prevent kinking where it bends to exit though the lower cover.

ylXUWGQ.gif

ajaR0Ky.gif

YuzFntZ.gif

Archived