Speed governor

PEIFamily

My 670 top speed is 65mph, after that it does nothing, I changed the speed in the dash computer but no difference. I am guessing that there is another setting in the computer that I need the dealer to remove? I am not looking to go faster but not wanting to blow a steer tire at 65 and no way to accelerate out to regain control. What software could I get to program it myself? Anyone have any luck with the Asian Software on eBay?

Thanks

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

You do need to go to a dealer to have it reset. BUT- before you let them get into the computer, ask to be told/shown what other settings can be changed same time. There's a BUNCH of stuff they can play with, like time to idle shut down, shut down on oil pressure or coolant problem, etc. Usually 1 hr labor no matter how many settings they change. Buy a box of donuts & go into the dealer around break time, ask them if you can sit w/ the mechanics. Donuts lubricate tongues

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Thanks, Spoke to a local to me now shop and they are $125hr. Likely will get it in within the next week. Spent awhile today ripping my dash apart again. Fuel gauge and egt started acting up on the way here. Replaced the steppers for those two, now the fun job of readjusting the steppers for the rest. I found last time I had to do multiple gauge tests and leave the glass off for a few days to get perfect adjustments. But egt is still not working, (wire by the stepper is worn a bit and likely I'd not getting contact.)but not too concerned about that one.

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

Archived