Noisey Windows!

oletimer

We have a new custom built 5th with frameless windows, and the only reason I mentioned "that", is to let you know the windows didn't come from Walmart. This unit was picked up around Christmas 2015, and we went to Key West before heading back to the SW desert. Wasn't able to use it much this summer, and now for the last month, we have been in Texas. The first couple weeks it has been hot, both day, and night(96-72). The last several days, it has still been rather warm, upper 80s/low 90s, but the nights have cooled to low 50s. In the evenings I have been hearing a kinda' tick/arc by one of the windows with a plugin receptacle just below. I thought it must be an electrical arc of some kind, but the "Top Dog" kept saying it is the windows. I thought she was nuts, and I told her so (sweetly with care). The last few nights the sound has came from around other windows. It IS the windows!! This is our fifth new 5th wheel, and never have had this happen. Could this be cooling from the frameless windows?

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Maybe I'm nuts as well!! After all, I'm the guy that had fresh water back flow into the fresh water supply from the hot water tank, which, BTW has stopped since I installed a check valve at the tank inlet. And now, we have to make a choice on 11/8/16.

I am going NUTS! Any thoughts or comments (not about me going nuts though) Thanks Dick T

2006 Volvo VNL 630(VED12 400HP)
10 speed autoshift,3.58 gear 236" twin screw, w/ET, Jackalopee, Blue Dot
2016 Space Craft 37'

Blu/Dot, Dexter 8K triple axel, HD Drum hydraulic brakes

Feather lite air ride
2005 Jeep Rubicon
2007 Suzuki DR 650

After all, I'm the guy that had fresh water back flow into the fresh water supply from the hot water tank, which, BTW has stopped since I installed a check valve at the tank inlet. And now, we have to make a choice on 11/8/16.

Happy to hear the hot water problem is solved! Not sure what choice you need to make now?

On the noise, if you open the circuit breaker to that circuit for the outlet it should eliminate electrical as a possible source of that sound, assuming that you still hear the ticking.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived