Newmar 2008 Kountry Star 360 Steps

NJ-Ron

How to put steps in for storage.........?

I have steps in with key in ignition, I close doors and steps retract, I turn battery switch off then open door and steps extend.

Can't figure out how to keep steps retracted.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ron

Ron
2008 Newmar Kountry Star 3623
2008 Honda CRV
Currently Snowbirds - Ft. Myers Beach - Florida Keys

Not sue what you mean by putting them in for storage ...close the door and they are in. What else are you trying to do??

The steps normally run on the chassis batteries rather than house. The battery switch on mine turns off house batteries only. There is a step switch & door combo sequence that make mine stay in but I always have to play with them for a bit to find it.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Like Paul I can't figure out your problem. Unless you plan to store the motorhome with the door open the steps will stay retracted.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

The MH is kept at a storage facility when not being used. I would like to keep the steps retracted when stored. There is no stair switch in the stair well to keep the stairs retracted as in my previous MH. The stairs stay extended when the ignition is turned off. The only way I can get the stairs to retract is to leave the ignition key in acc. mode, 1/4 turn without starting the engine, with the door closed the stairs will retract, I leave the coach and the stairs stay retracted, I turn the chassis battery switch to off. I open the door to retrieve the ignition key and the stairs extend. I guess this is a question for Newmar, one would think there should not be any power for the steps to operate but somehow there is.

Thanks for the responses, I'll contact Newmar for some advice.

Ron
2008 Honda CRV

My Dutch Star, which is a '99 has a bank of three switches to the right of the door. The left is for the OH lights in the forward part of the MH; the center is for the porch light; and the right is for the steps. In the "UP" position, the steps are always "ON" meaning that anytime the door is closed, the steps are "closed" or "UP". In the "down" position, the steps are turned "off" unless the engine is running, or the key is in the "run" position.

Maybe this is similar to yours.

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

• 2 weeks later...

Mike was on the right track. The step switch is labeled "On & Off", not the usual "In & Out". Then with the door open the step switch should be down or in the ON position, close the door and the steps will retract, then put the switch in the up or OFF position and when the door is opened the steps will stay up, then all the power can be turned off for storage.

Thanks again for all the advice, great forum.

Ron

Ron
2008 Honda CRV

Archived