Extra car

We pull a 5th wheel...and have a second vehicle....do I need to print out two vehicle passes? Will we have room to park both vehicles by our rv?

Are there going to be any meals offered during the escapade (besides the chili cook off)?

This is our first rally and it's all very confusing to us ?

Thanks....

Go back to the main page for the Escapees Group, not in the forums, Dave and Val asked a lot of the same questions. See Bob and Molly's response. They did not answer the question about the extra car, but I am sure someone will. We are looking forward to our first rally also. Hope to meet you there.

Cliff Hatcher & Laura Burton

Lovinlifeinour5thwheel.com

Full Timers

38' DRV Tradition

We pull a 5th wheel...and have a second vehicle....do I need to print out two vehicle passes? Will we have room to park both vehicles by our rv?

Are there going to be any meals offered during the escapade (besides the chili cook off)?

With so many RVs in such a small area, there is very limited space for extra vehicles in the areas where people are parked. Having spent the day today helping the parking staff to figure out the spacing it has made me really begin to appreciate what those guys do and how hard they work. What really complicates things is the fact that only a very few of our sites have permanently installed utilities for RVs an most of the electric/water sites are supplied by temporary utility connections that are laid out by the center staff and those guys are not RVers. As a result they have little understanding of RVs and RV parking so the parking staff then must come in and figure out how to fit everyone into spaces such that they are all able to reach electric and water. You will probably need to park your extra car in one of the auto lots and not at your site. But it is impossible to predict exactly what space you will have how far from the extra parking you will be until you arrive since we fill the spaces as RVs are parked and don't assign specific sites to each attendee.

The only meal service as part of the Escapade fee is the "hitch-up breakfast" but there will be a food vendor on site. I've heard some good reports on his food, but have not eaten any of it to date as he isn't yet open. There are several very good restaurants nearby, and there is a KFC, Wendy's, Duncan Donuts, and just up the street a McDonald's.

One thing to be aware of is that most of the gasoline stations in this area do not sell diesel, but there is a Citgo which does have diesel that is no more than a block away. I'd suggest that you try and arrive with full diesel tanks but gasoline has many choices. There is also a laundromat about 2 blocks east, just past the Citgo and a Rite-Aid in that same center. It is 5+ miles to both Walmart and Home Depot.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived