I got the Windows 10 mobile update to my Lumia 735

RV_

Well it finally came through. I downloaded my Windows 10 mobile upgrade for my Lumia 735 Windows phone that came originally with Windows phone 8 and I upgraded last year to Windows phone 8.1.

For those with eligible phones there is a big release coming next month that is supposed to be the final version with just security and performance small patches after. Here are the phones eligible for the Windows 10 mobile upgrade:

Lumia 1520, 930, 640, 640XL, 730, 735, 830, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435, BLU Win HD w510u, BLU Win HD LTE x150q, MCJ Madosma Q501

With Verizon I had to

~1~ INSTALL the Upgrade advisor app from the store, check if you can get the update or not. If not, follow the steps onwards.

~2~ Can't get the update YET? First thing you need to do is UNINSTALL the app.

~3~ RESTART your phone, don't completely reset it! Just a quick on/off will do.

~4~ REINSTALL upgrade advisor, it helps if you wait around an hour or so before reinstalling, but if your desperate you can just reinstall it straight away!

~5~ SCAN for updates on the app and have fun with Windows 10 mobile! (If it worked :P)

Here is the Microsoft page on the upgrade: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-specifications?type=mobile

OK I started the download and upgrade wirelessly connected via WiFi here at home with a 100mbps cable Internet connection. It is a 3GB download and took about an hour to download the file and begin the install. It went through 22 steps to upgrade and was really slow. on step 20 of 22 it stayed on 0% for at least 20 minutes and then when I went to get a coke it was done when I came back. While upgrading it will look like it hung up on several points in the upgrade. Do not interrupt it or try to rush it. IT is a

Everything worked fine. My IMAP emails worked fine. I like the new changes to operations and programs. Edge is very fast for the browser, and although some function buttons and commands have been moved I have had little difficulty in finding what I need. MY browsing favorites and my contacts all came across perfectly as did my content and saved pics.

I've only used it today as it was upgraded twice last night. I was just double checking that there were no updates to the update and there was one. It took about a half hour to download and install.

It improved the Bluetooth function in the car and messaging was fine too, it even kept my old saved threads. I like the music player much better than the one in 8.1. I'll have about the same learning curve as going from Windows 8.1 to 10 on the computers.

No show stoppers yet. I will post again later once I have time to really have tried everything.

So far I like it.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived