Diesel genset

jkennell

I got 2 old grain trucks posted on craigslist, and I had a guy offer me a DuroPower 7500kW Diesel genset (3 hours) in trade. $1800 new. Cart, wheels, etc. I though instantly about all you guys... However, a quick internet search convinced me that these are cheap Chinese units with no support. Anybody on here have any experience these units?

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Not trying to be a smart azz, but should we assume that your two trucks are basically clunkers? I know absolutely nothing about this particular generator. A colleague of mine purchased what I think is something fairly similar. It smoked like a freight train. I suspect their design engineers and/or QC don't much care about tight tolerances. And we constantly scratched our heads trying to figure out how the company rated the generator's output. I don't think there was enough copper in the alternator to make a coffee cup. It would always start but my buddy never depended on it for heavy loads.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Yup--trucks are a '68 & '73 F.O.R.D.--rusty, beatup, leaking manifolds, gas, sat for 2 years. Had em advertised at $750 a piece just to get them off the place. So the "value" may be similar, I just figured that your comments above about the Genset were....probable. I have no need for this genset...my original thought was that if it was a Generac/Onan/etc, somebody on here might be interested. I pretty much said No Thanks.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Yup--trucks are a '68 & '73 F.O.R.D.--rusty, beatup, leaking manifolds, gas, sat for 2 years. Had em advertised at $750 a piece just to get them off the place. So the "value" may be similar, I just figured that your comments above about the Genset were....probable. I have no need for this genset...my original thought was that if it was a Generac/Onan/etc, somebody on here might be interested. I pretty much said No Thanks.

My old man's new truck is a '58. Ran good last time i drove it. Stays inside now. The older one i havent seen run, but which is under cover is a'44

68 and 73 sounds a little new for my dad. Do they have end dump boxes?

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

Archived