Test of Images - Dropbox link

geewiz1

This is a link to Album:

This is a link to Google Album using long hand URL: Google Album

OK I figured out how to load the Google Album which I prefer to use - I think it works well now but Im still having problems with loading a small image onto the page

Like this: still getting the error msg:

I can't seem to get a dropbox image to post here either, photobucket.com might prove easier.

Photobucket forum use:
1. Open photobucket and select picture.
2. Right-click the image and open in new tab.
3. Copy the URL on the new tab from the beginning to the .jpg near or at the end.
4. On the forum click the little tree icon, image tool-tip and paste the URL in the pop-up.
The key thing needed to keep the forum software here (IP Board) happy is to get the image to be the only thing showing in a tab of your browser, no other stuff there at all and then copy that URL to the forum by clicking the image tool (little tree icon) and pasting it in there. Do make sure you are pasting it into a blank space, gets weird when you stick it in the middle of something else you have already put in the editor's window.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I can see them fine. I assume they are in your public folder

The problem isn't wit the first line that is a link to Dropbox but rather with the second that is supposed to be an image visible in the post like this one.

58-cat_zpsppms7oi8.jpg

What the link looks like this:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag408/stan-qaz/Skp%20Forum/2016/58-cat_zpsppms7oi8.jpg

Note that it ends with ".jpg" which the forum will accept while geewiz1's link ends with ".jpg?dl=0" which the forum chokes on.

You can also use google photos. It just has to be the full URL and not the shortened one. When looking at a photo to post that has a shortened URL, just click the photo and the full URL will be in the address bar. Copy that one to use in here.

I like Snagit for captures, markups, and posting. It does it all in one app. It uploads images to ScreenCast, dropbox, Google Drive and several other cloud locations that work nicely in here. It also lets me resize, crop, put text balloons and arrows on images before it uploads them.

Example:

04.01.2016-13.34.png

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

You can also use google photos. It just has to be the full URL and not the shortened one. When looking at a photo to post that has a shortened URL, just click the photo and the full URL will be in the address bar. Copy that one to use in here.

I like Snagit for captures, markups, and posting. It does it all in one app. It uploads images to ScreenCast, dropbox, Google Drive and several other cloud locations that work nicely in here. It also lets me resize, crop, put text balloons and arrows on images before it uploads them.

Example:

04.01.2016-13.34.png

Budd, your image from Google isn't showing and I can't figure out a way to get a Google image past the forum filters. See my attempt here:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=122507&p=835923

The preview options will often show an image that the posting process will filter out which can lead to surprises when you come back to a topic and see your image isn't there.

Why is this so difficult to put in an image?

The forum is designed to be ultra cautious about what file types it allows users to upload or link to, if it allowed something to be added that had security issues many forum viewers could be compromised. About all you can do is live within the forum's security limits.

Archived