Gaffney SC, Service and Camp Freightliner

Mr&Mrs Duet

Just attended the Camp Freightliner class in Gaffney SC.

We have a Fleetwood Expedition on a Freighliner XC chassis.

Over all I thought it was a good class. Got to ask specific questions about our chassis-engine-transmission combination. My wife attended also. Although she was admittedly bored at times, she has a sharp eye for details and kept me on my toes.

We took the plant tour the next day. It's amazing watching steel being turned into a fully set up chassis. Those assemblers are busy. The Factory produces chassis for Delivery trucks, School buses, Step vans, and Motor homes. Also preps Engines and transmissions for installation. Pretty cool to see.

We also had some service work done at their shop. Very pleased with the work and the price was very reasonable. If you are a member of the FCOC, (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) you get a discount on parts and Labor. That also applies to many of their other Oasis service dealers It was WELL worth joining and paying $15 for a years membership.

If you are a Freightliner MDT owner, see my link in the MDT section for some news on a class being prepared for you guys.

PS: Don't go if you have an older entry level DP like ours. The new steering and handling upgrades will make you drool! LOL :-)

post-12772-0-99633900-1457368685_thumb.jpg

Keith & Jodi
Fleetwood Expedition 34H

We make the trip for service each year. You are right they do a good job and I do not have to worry about the service. It is also fun to take the tour each year to see what changes they are making. I just wish they would use USA steel for their rails.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Just attended the Camp Freightliner class in Gaffney SC.

We have a Fleetwood Expedition on a Freighliner XC chassis.

Over all I thought it was a good class. Got to ask specific questions about our chassis-engine-transmission combination. My wife attended also. Although she was admittedly bored at times, she has a sharp eye for details and kept me on my toes.

We took the plant tour the next day. It's amazing watching steel being turned into a fully set up chassis. Those assemblers are busy. The Factory produces chassis for Delivery trucks, School buses, Step vans, and Motor homes. Also preps Engines and transmissions for installation. Pretty cool to see.

We also had some service work done at their shop. Very pleased with the work and the price was very reasonable. If you are a member of the FCOC, (Freightliner Chassis Owners Club) you get a discount on parts and Labor. That also applies to many of their other Oasis service dealers It was WELL worth joining and paying $15 for a years membership.

If you are a Freightliner MDT owner, see my link in the MDT section for some news on a class being prepared for you guys.

PS: Don't go if you have an older entry level DP like ours. The new steering and handling upgrades will make you drool! LOL :-)

Great to hear. I'm scheduled for the May 2nd and 3rd class plus first year service on our chassis. However, the wife will be babysitting the dog and doing something else as I couldn't convince her to join me. B) By the way were there plenty of overnight parking spots there the night before your service?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve and Liz
2016 Newmar Ventana 4041 DP
2011 Ford Edge, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar

http://fulltimingit.com

Steve;

There were plenty of spots when we attended.

The office said did say that they would soon be getting very busy as the Snowbirds began making their way back north.

I don't know how that will be during your visit.

Give Pat at the service center a call, she should be able to tell you.

If you wife is with you, she will be able to attend the dinner on the first night.

Enjoy;

Keith

Keith & Jodi
Fleetwood Expedition 34H

Archived