EZ Breeze Gotcha

RBH

I purchased and installed a new EZ Breeze by Fantastic Fans. Upon installation I discovered that the interior valance was too short to cover the gap because my roof is a couple of inches thicker than standard. I have a 2008 Carriage Cameo. The installation instructions say if this is the case to call Fantastic Fans. I assumed that the correct valence would be supplied free of charge. I soon found out that they would not supply the correct valence free of charge and that the correct one would cost over $30, nearly a third of the cost of the unit to begin with. There was no caution indicated on the packaging of the unit that you may incur significant extra charges to get the unit to fit properly. If you are contemplating buying one of these new fans, measure your roof thickness to make sure that the standard valence of 4 1/2 " will be enough or be prepared to shell out another $30 plus tax and shipping. This will certainly be my last purchase from Fantastic Fans (atwoodmobile.com).

Our type of trailer has walls and ceilings that run about 1.25". Before Atwood purchased the FF line, a call to customer service would result in the exchange of valances with the customer paying the return shipping of the original part.

Yep. It's changed. Atwood is all for profit now.

Let's not talk about furnace blower wheels (on my 4th one).

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

Archived