Need a new toad

jwbarnie

I have a 96 saturn SL-2 that has 175,000 miles on it plus about 65,000 being towed. Looking to replace it. Some models under consideration are Saturn L300, CRV, 2006 Saturn Vue, Honda Accord. I have noticed that the motorhome towing guides no longer list the Honda Accord as a tow vehicle. I know many have towed Honda Accords for many 10 of thousands of miles with no problems. Does anyone know for sure if the Honda Accords between 2004 and 2012 are towable. Anyone have any problems towing these vehicles. I loved my old Saturn. It was so simple, but time for it to go.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim Barnie

I'm not sure when the Accord changed transmissions, but I know that the ability to tow it ended with the current transmission. That same thing is true for the new CR-V as they went to it in 2015 so only CR-V models built before 2015 are tow-able on their wheels. We towed two different CR-V's, a 2001 and then a 2009 and loved them both but with the change of transmission to the one in the Accord, they can no longer to towed on their wheels.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Hey Jim,

I feel your pain. I just bought a brand new that is not compatible without MAJOR modifications using a generic kit. Needless to say, I elected to by a new/used tow dolly. It tows my front wheel drive car just fine, but you probably already know the downside. Good luck! I've looked of at series Honda you are looking for with no such luck!

Pat

Archived