reprogramming auto gen start

Dmworthi

I have an Energy Command 30 auto gen start. I have been told by fleetwood dealers that the factory setting is too high and that I don't need it to come on until it drops to 11, not the 12 something that is the factory setting. I don't see anything in the manuals about how to reset it, but did see an earlier post about auto gen starts where someone referenced resetting theirs.

What is the proper setting to avoid damaging the batteries, but also to not have the generator turning on more than needed? How to I reset it to that level?

Thanks

I have an Energy Command 30 auto gen start. I have been told by fleetwood dealers that the factory setting is too high and that I don't need it to come on until it drops to 11, not the 12 something that is the factory setting. I don't see anything in the manuals about how to reset it, but did see an earlier post about auto gen starts where someone referenced resetting theirs.

What is the proper setting to avoid damaging the batteries, but also to not have the generator turning on more than needed? How to I reset it to that level?

Thanks

Leave it where it is. Generally speaking, 12.2 volts on your battery is about 50% discharged. Drawing it lower than that will damage the batteries.

Most battery manufacturers recommend a max of 50% discharge before recharging.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Is there a timer that can be installed for the MH generator? National Parks allow gens only at certain hours and we are generally away at those hours. Normally it is 2 hours in the morning and 2 in the late afternoon. We can program quiet time but we aren't too sure how that really works. Have read the manual and are still confused.

Ideal goal: If batteries are low, turn gen on at certain time, off at set time. On again at another time, off at another set time. Example: on at 8 AM/off at 10 AM and on at 4PM/off at 6PM.

Thanks

Archived