Experience Adding a "Keyless" Entry System?

SpaceNorman

Does anybody have experience adding a "keyless entry" solution (i.e., combination lock) to their coach's entry door? We recently installed keyless locks on our stick and brick home - and have found we really like having to worry about whether we've got keys. With us each tending to come and go on our own - I really like that I can lock the door each and every time I walk out, knowing that I'm not going to lock out another family member who may have just walked next door without their key assuming that I was going to be home.

I'd like to looking adding this to my coach. Is this a big deal from an installation point of view?

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

Does anybody have experience adding a "keyless entry" solution (i.e., combination lock) to their coach's entry door? We recently installed keyless locks on our stick and brick home - and have found we really like having to worry about whether we've got keys. With us each tending to come and go on our own - I really like that I can lock the door each and every time I walk out, knowing that I'm not going to lock out another family member who may have just walked next door without their key assuming that I was going to be home.

I'd like to looking adding this to my coach. Is this a big deal from an installation point of view?

R U asking about a keyless entry deadbolt? or a keyless entry system that comes on diesel pusher motor homes? Huge difference

R U asking about a keyless entry deadbolt? or a keyless entry system that comes on diesel pusher motor homes? Huge difference

My DP didn't come with a "keyless entry system". I'd like to change the key based locks that currently secure access thru the entry door of my coach to something that uses a "keyless technology" - preferably a combination lock system. I'm hoping to hear from anybody who has experience with implementing "aftermarket" products to accomplish this. Feedback on what products they used (as well as the products they considered), experience with installing the system and finally feedback on life with whatever system they choose will surely be a big help!

The Spacenorman

2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43' DFT

2012 Jeep Liberty

Our Travel Website: www.penquinhead.com​

post-1709-0-55652400-1454613306_thumb.jpg
Like you, I dislike using keys and made this one of the first modifications to our coach. This is a relatively easy solution & does not rely on batteries to operate. It also has the option of using a key should you want to give access to others without divulging your code.
Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

My DP didn't come with a "keyless entry system". I'd like to change the key based locks that currently secure access thru the entry door of my coach to something that uses a "keyless technology" - preferably a combination lock system. I'm hoping to hear from anybody who has experience with implementing "aftermarket" products to accomplish this. Feedback on what products they used (as well as the products they considered), experience with installing the system and finally feedback on life with whatever system they choose will surely be a big help!

Iam pretty much aware your DP never came with such otherwise you would not be on here asking.?

the system that NH2 offered seems to be the best things out there. get one of those and your good to go

Like you, I dislike using keys and made this one of the first modifications to our coach.

Is that one of the mechanical one that have no power need? Was it one that is made for a house and adapted to the RV door? It looks to me like you installed it into the RV wall with a bolt that goes into the door? Where did you get it and what brand? I am fascinated and would like to hear more about this lock.

I used http://rvlock.myshopify.com. very easy to install. Battery powered with a touchpad, or fob or key actuated. I tried the one with the separate key pad but the keypad kept getting damaged in shipment. finally saw and ordered the model with the integral key pad and it works great. Very convenient.

Does this fit any brand of door latch assembly? I would not think that the holes for recessing the latch would be standardized between manufacturers? Looking at the website, it seems that some RVs must come with that brand of latch assembly.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Is that one of the mechanical one that have no power need? Was it one that is made for a house and adapted to the RV door? It looks to me like you installed it into the RV wall with a bolt that goes into the door? Where did you get it and what brand? I am fascinated and would like to hear more about this lock.

Does this fit any brand of door latch assembly? I would not think that the holes for recessing the latch would be standardized between manufacturers? Looking at the website, it seems that some RVs must come with that brand of latch assembly.

http://www.gokeyless.com/product/99/1/lockey-2500-keyless-sliding-door-lock

can buy with or without key option this is the one NH2 I showing above

Kirk, you are correct...
That lock was designed to be installed in the DOOR of a home but I installed it into the sidewall of our 5th wheel. Installing it in the door meant I would not be able to access the deadbolt lever from the inside. Can't overlook that RV's have the screen door mounted on the inside of the entry door opening—mounting in the door would have blocked the device.(see attached photo)

Yes, this is a strictly mechanical mechanism—no power needed.
I was familiar with the lock as it was the same make & model we used in our sticks-n-bricks home in New Hampshire.
The link above is correct: I did get mine through http://www.gokeyless.com/product/99/1/lockey-2500-keyless-sliding-door-lock

post-1709-0-45357700-1454767016_thumb.jpg

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

Archived