Splendide combo issue

lenp

Must have been a really rough trip over here to Matagorda, TX (from Grand Isle, LA).....

Thursday it was the Samsung refrigerator door flapper (earlier post) and today DW starts a load of wash and the machine started, quit, started again, did a little click-click-click and stopped again. No front panel lights and the door was not locked even though a load had started and it SHOULD have been locked.

Emptied the cloths, bailed as much water as I could and then pulled the unit out of the cabinet. Must be my lucky day, where the power enters the machine is a "Terminal Block". 120 AC goes into the bottom of this and is routed to a connector that supplies power and ground to the machine (simple description and I am sure someone else here can expand on that). Anyway, one of the connectors (hot side of the line) had overheated (probably for some time) and charred the connection. By jiggling the connector the machine would start and stop. Will call Spendide Monday and see if they will sell me both the Terminal Block AND the connector.

In the meantime, a simple bypass of the burned connector has the machine working again. I may just leave it as is.

Anyone else seen this problem before?

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Talked to Splendide today and found they do have the block assembly but they DO NOT have the connector that mates with it. They recommended just bypassing the connector like I did and call it good. Guess I am good to go!

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Archived