Half my electrical outlets went out last night, circuit breakers all on

borffmann

I have a 34' 1987 Bounder, I'm the second owner, it's in very good condition. We are currently parked and living in an RV park with full 30amp electrical hookup. We had a pretty heavy rain last night with high winds and when we woke up in the morning half of the 120V electrical outlets were out, no power at all. Basically the entire rear half of the coach (from the kitchen back) is out of 120V power, the front half outlets are still on. The one GFCI outlet right next to the kitchen sink still has power and isn't tripping. I checked the electrical panel and all of the circuit breakers are still showing on, none of them tripped. All of the 12V lights in the entire coach are working fine.

I bought this RV about 4 months ago so I'm still not entirely familiar with how the electrical works in these. Any ideas on troubleshooting this problem? Thanks in advance.

Living in a 1987 Fleetwood Bounder with my wife and two daughters.

There will be two gfci circuits. Look for the tripped master gfci in the rear of the coach. It will be linked to an outside outlet that got damp enough to trip the circuit.

Mine will trip-out every time I connect to shore power if I forget to flip off the circuit breaker on the power pedestal first.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived