Nice RV campground central to Tracy CA and Stockton CA

ANG0225

We have stayed here on our runs to the southwest. We have not been there in several years. It does have a lot of workers staying there plus the snowbirds.

Poor location, except for work. Couple of restaurants nearby, gas stations, as well as the on-ramp for I-5. They had a very small dog run. There were vacant lots close that a dog could run, but they looked like they were going to be developed soon.

We have not stayed there for three years. But anyway, here are some pictures in the blog: http://usbackroads.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-5-usbackroad.html

We were looking for a pull-through right on I-5. I do remember some other campgrounds farther from the interstate, but since we were there for only one night we never looked at them.

There is lots of good fishing just north of there and in reservoir by Highway 152. You do need a boat....or at the very least a small inflatable pontoon boat to fish them well.

Lots of hiking close in the area. Check out the California State Parks as well as the Los Padres National Forest. Also the foothill areas of California have trails that are mostly snowfree up to 4000 feet. Hope this helps.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Just south of Tracy on I-5 at Patterson we stay at the Kit Fox RV park. Just a good basic RV park. There are a number of "seasonal" or semi-permanent rigs but they are well maintained. In Stockton on Hwy 99 there is a nice park --- French Camp RV. It is a bit more expensive but not terrible. The only other place we have stayed at in the area is Flag City RV park. It is adjacent to I-5 and the main road to Lodi. All the parks I've listed we've stayed multiple times. And we would stay at them again. Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Archived