Campground work at Grand Teton

trostberg

• 4 weeks later...

I Terri!

Can't really answer your question directly, since I haven't yet worked in Grand Teton National Park but...

One of the people we worked with at Madison CG in 2014 is going to try out a season in Gros Ventre campground in the Tetons in 2016. They went down and checked it out this last summer and indicated that it sounds like a good place to work. Longer days of work but fewer days per week. No computers, give the bear speech as you drive around checking on/in campers in the evening. We may try the Tetons in 2017 if they have a confirming good report after they work there.

Don

Just interviewed with Grand Teton this morning and got the general info to compare. I also had a good interview with KOA in Washington and hope to establish a new domicile there. Less expensive site rent, higher pay and longer season. Plus they own a number of KOAs which may allow me to move around. I should confirm with them if I got the position tomorrow.

Hope our paths cross again

Teri - we have stayed at Gros Ventre many times on our way in & out of Grant. We have friends that stay there in summers and really like it. The crew is friendly and you will have a lot less traffic than in Grant. You are also only 20 minutes from Jackson for shopping. Go for it!

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

I think I will try to establish a residence in WA for health insurance before I can travel. I am in N Cal and headed there end of the year. So have applied to a KOA as well. We will see where it all leads....Not sure how long I need to be in WA. Have a consultation with Escapee Loring group next week.

I have stayed at Gros Ventre as well a number of times and usually see Moose.

Archived