Low Clearances POI

Does anyone use this? Looking for feedback on its accuracy and ease of use.

I have the Garmin, RV760 gps which has low bridge functionality, and according to LowClearances.com says the Garmin has a limited amount of low bridge POIs, which may or may not be so, I don't know.

I use a truckers road atlas to verify my route now for low bridges, but it would be nice to augment my gps if this POI is what it says.

George and Ann Marie

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 640W of Solar

2012 Ram 3500, DRW, Cummins, Big Horn, Q20, Retrax Pro

Retired US Army

We also use the All stays Truck&Travel app. While most of the grade and low bridge info depends on user input, it has been pretty accurate. Several years back the shovel ready road projects resulted in lots of paving. That resulted in lots of road height increase on lot of places in the northeast especially PA and Ohio on side roads, US6 etc. That traveled under old train tracks etc. We are about to trade up to a more recent Rand McNally Truckers Atlas for more accurate info as well

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

I use Low Clearances to supplement my RM RV GPS - I quickly realized that the GPS did not contain many of the POI's. Low Clearances certainly contains a good percentage but I have found a few that were not listed - I still think it is the best available (at least that I have found). I also like the fact that you choose which POI's you download into Google earth. We are 13-1/2 Ft tall so I download all 14Ft and below.

The other really nice thing is that since the POIs are loaded into Google Earth you can zoom in and determine the exact issue and the alternatives to avoid it.

Gene & Lisa (and Abby)

2014 Chevy 3500 D/A 4x4 Dually

2015 DRV Mobile Suites 38PS3

Trailersaver TS3

2012 Toyota Prius

event.png

I am a bit frustrated with lowclearances.com. I have sent him a few that were missing and also a question on the basecamp load and there is no response at all. I have loaded the others but the basecamp zip file did not have gpx data as required. Anyone else have this problem?

I used them for a few years and they seemed OK and pretty accurate but they "auto renew" via paypal. They send the notice about renewal the day before they tap your account which is not much warning which means if you are going to cancel you're stuck for another year. When trying to contact them about this there is no response.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

I used them for a few years and they seemed OK and pretty accurate but they "auto renew" via paypal. They send the notice about renewal the day before they tap your account which is not much warning which means if you are going to cancel you're stuck for another year. When trying to contact them about this there is no response.

I am a bit frustrated with lowclearances.com. I have sent him a few that were missing and also a question on the basecamp load and there is no response at all. I have loaded the others but the basecamp zip file did not have gpx data as required. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your comments. Seems like they might have an ok product, but the company lacks customer service. Too much competition these days for that.

George and Ann Marie

2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS, 640W of Solar

2012 Ram 3500, DRW, Cummins, Big Horn, Q20, Retrax Pro

Retired US Army

Archived