RV Garage Advice Needed

We are building a home in Montana and I want to include a garage for both my truck with pop-up camper and a class A coach. We do not yet have the coach, but it will likely be a National Sea Breeze LX 8321 (or something very similar). It will have two doors; the truck door 10'w x 12'h.

I'm trying to decide on door size for the coach. Currently I have a 12'w x 14'h and the interior ceiling height at 14' as well. Based on what I can find on coach roof heights w/AC units, that seems to be adequate... but figured I get some feedback from the forum.

Also, I currently have the coach side width (their is an interior wall part way down length) at 20'. Do you think that's wide enough to allow reasonable access around the slides?

Thanks

Our RV barn is 16' X 48' with a 10' wide door and 14' high. You want a 12' wide door I have to loosen and fold my mirrors in to fit. If I did it again I would make it at least 20' wide with a 12' door the 16' I can extend my sides barely and you have to be right in the center . You can't walk around the RV with the sides out.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.

12' wide x 14' tall door will work well for a class a. My slab/cover is 18' wide and I can walk around the rig with the slides out. 20' width would be excellent. My coach is 40' long and cover is 50' so comfy walking space around each end. I wouldn't want it much tighter, especially on an enclosed building.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

I am currently building an RV garage. I am building a 35' x 50' building with 17' side walls. I went with 17' side walls so I could make my doors 15' tall. My trailer is 13' 6" tall and I have a slightly inclined driveway approach. I didn't want to take any chances with the incline and only 4" of clearance on a 14' door. Angles can play havoc with your height. I will have two 14' wide by 15' tall roll up doors. I wanted lots of clearance for height and width because of the slight incline on the driveway and because it won't be a perfectly straight shot backing into the garage.

If you are level the whole way and are a straight shot to back in, you can get away with a 12' wide by 14' tall door. The extra width of a 14' wide door makes the margin for error a little bigger though.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived