It's getting HOT! And RV cooking without an A/C or heating up your RV by cooking are both the pitts. So this is one recipe we like that can be grilled outside:

Easy Fish Toastada

1 pound fresh tilapia or cod fillets

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1 lime, halved

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

8 6 inches tostada shells

2 cups shredded cabbage mix

1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced (optional)

1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)

Salsa or Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)

Directions

Preheat broiler. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon of the chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. For chili-lime cream, in bowl squeeze 2 teaspoons juice from half the lime. Stir in sour cream, garlic powder, and remaining chili powder; set aside. Cut remaining lime half in wedges for serving.

Place fish on unheated greased broiler rack; tuck under thin edges. Place shells on baking sheet on lowest rack. Broil fish 4 inches from heat 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness, until fish flakes with fork. Break in chunks. Serve tostadas with cabbage, chili-lime cream, avocado, tomatoes, lime, and pepper sauce. Serves 4. **We grill on rack in BBQ.

Nutrition Facts (Fish Tostadas with Chili Lime Cream)

Per serving: 278 kcal cal., 14 g fat (5 g sat. fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 2 g monounsatured fat), 67 mg chol., 303 mg sodium, 17 g carb., 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 25 g pro.

What are your favorite hot weather recipes? We have 95' today, forecast of 100' on friday when we leave for camping and 104' on Saturday. It's hotpads for the steering wheel weather. lol B)

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

I brown up 3 to 5 lbs of ground beef at a time and put it in our freezer in meal size portions. I have also done it in a crockpot outside the rig. (see link below)

We like tacos so I reheat a meal size portion of ground beef and stir in a package of taco seasoning mix and just layer a plate with all the fixens and a side of tortilla chips.

I like warm meals even on hot days, for spaghetti/pasta I do the same thing but heat the sauce in the crockpot outside. One jar of marinara sauce and 1 pkg of zesty spaghetti seasoning add water for thinner sauce.

Here is my recipe for crockpot meatloaf:http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=111702&hl=%2Bcrockpot+%2Bhamburger#entry706416

Left overs make great cold sandwiches.

Cook some hamburgers on the grill. Then chop them up and place in a bowl. Cut up tomatoes, onion, & lettue and put on a plate or in paper bowls. Open a can of kidney or black beans, and a bag of BQ fritos or tortilla chips (will crunch them up). Set the picnic table with the above, plus a bottle of taco sauce, grated Mexican cheese, and/or ranch dressing or creamy Italian, and sour cream. Then simply let everyone make their own quick taco salad. That is what we are going to do on Monday when we take 2 teenagers and a 5 year old camping. We really like this version of taco salad.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I purchased seasoned beef crumbles in a 6 oz. pouch from Dollar General Market place; a can of diced tomatoes, some diced onions and orange, red and green peppers; a jar of salsa mix all with mayonaise, shredded lettuce. A bag of Nacho or Ranch Doritos-crumbled; on your plate, next the shredded lettuce then the mixed ingredients.

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!

Wow Pieere, that sounds good too! :) Thanks!

I found recipe today for:

Sweet Texas Caviar

1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can black eye peas, drained
1 can shoepeg corn, drained
1 can green chiles, drained
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup pepper of choice
~1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (not olive oil!)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Mix the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil to create the dressing. Let it cool. Pour over the bean mixture, stir, and let it marinade overnight. Serve with chips.

**Keeps good for couple days. Found on: http://www.dianarambles.com/2015/06/sweet-texas-caviar.html if you want to see the pictures.

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

Archived