Occasional Propane Cooktop

JCTex

I removed my Atwood cooktop to make room for my portable induction. The low pressure line is still up there, metered to 11" WC by the whole-coach regulator down on the tank. I'm going to put a quick, quarter-valve up there for an emergency cut-off and a quick-connect with a safety cap.

What I want in a little, 2-burner, like out of a small trailer to use if ever I need a second cook surface, the induction breaks, my battery bank is too low, or whatever. I am going to store it with other small appliances on a roll-out drawer in the cabinet below the cooktop cabinet inset.

My question is how best to enclose that little burner assembly? I'm sure it will come as a drop-in with a regulator of its own for safety. I'm not sure how much to close in the little metal case I'll make. Are a few Oliver's enough, or should I just attach 4 legs to create max air?

For those of you wondering why not just use a portable camping stove, those are high pressure flow, regulated differently, and do not play well at all with inside propane systems. Lots more unburned propane in the house, too, due to the higher pressure and heat.

Jerry

2008 Country Coach Allure 470 8' tag

2008 Country Coach Allure 470 38'

425 Cummins, 4 slides, tag

2014 4-dr Jeep Rubicon

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived