Opinions on this price?

Mynyel

when i look at RV TRADER i see two on the market ($15,890 and $19,900). and when you look at NADA low $13950 and average of $16,800 retail. depending on condition, area of country, this is still winter. and the key issue-how well do you like it compared to what you have seen.

Bob

Retired Army Bob & Sherry, Border Collie Misty. Cincinnati, OH 2014 Tour 42QD. 2015 GMC Canyon, Blue Ox Aventa Tow Bar, 2001 Honda Gold Wing, SMI Air Force Onesmile.gif

Sounds pretty close if it is in good condition...I would offer less and see where it goes...we have been looking for several years and have looked at hundreds. We are presently living in one and have learned first hand at what systems to look at for wear and what will need to be replaced in older units (invaluable experience, I might add!!). and I would just add to be very very careful and have someone examine the coach, chassis, motor, plumbing ect. for evidence of past leaks and other problems that happen during the lifespan of an RV. Has the fridge been replaced? Service records for the motor? ect. ect.

If NADA low is $14K, then wholesale is probably around $12K. But for a unit this old for which no bank would loan on it, a dealer would likely only pay half of wholesale or $6K in trade, regardless of what they might show on paper. The fact that it is a cash only transaction greatly works to your favor. There just aren't that many people who can show up and pay cash. Now if it is TRULY an exceptional unit -- low miles immaculately cared for, always garaged, low miles, etc. then it could be valued greater than $10K.

In my opinion, that price is a little high, but part of that opinion comes from the NADA listings which you seem to discount. I have used their information as an indicator since I first became familiar with the RV version. I have bought, sold, and traded several RVs over the years. I use the published book from NADA as free information is usually only worth what you pay for it or slightly more. We sold our 1998, 35' Cruise Master (direct competitor to the Adventurer) for less than that two years ago. Of course our timing was not great as the market is stronger today than it was then.

One thing that I will say is that any time that the seller and the buyer are both happy with a price, it must be a good one, no matter the view of others of us, nor what the market may be currently paying. If you believe that the RV is worth that price, then probably it is. Unless you are an RV expert, I strongly suggest that you get a professional evaluation of the RV by an RV tech and the chassis by a good mechanic. With an RV that is now nearly 20 years old the condition is critical and of much more importance than visual appearance.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I agree with the comments here. Probably the more important issue is past maintenance on the RV. Also any money spent for an inspection would be well worth it. You can always offer lower & then go up, but you can't go down, so I suggest a lower offer closer to wholesale. Best of luck, keep us informed. Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

I tend to think a bit different on used vehicles.

That price does not seem out of line if it's in top shape.

Also in that basic price bracket...if it's in good shape and YOU really like it ...Buy it..It is your money and will be your RV !!

I never much care what anyone else thinks about what I pay for something.

It I can afford it, and want it, I buy it.. :)

The key here is to get it checked out by a GOOD 3rd party, or if you are knowledgeable, really go over it yourself.

Oh, and my comments mean no disrespect to any other posters......

Cheers, and good luck,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

We are looking at a 1996 Winnebago Adeventurer 37' (with a slide out).

Let us know what you decide to do. The older the RV, the wider the range in prices based upon condition. At that age there are still some RVs in very good condition and there are some that are junk. It is very difficult for anyone to give quality advice without seeing the RV.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived