Router Question

dewilso

I no longer need to use my MBR-95, Cradle Point router for Internet, but I would like to use it for wifi to connect to my printer. It keeps popping up saying it isn't connected to the Internet. Is there a setting to tell it that now it's only for my local network ?

Dave W. KE5GOH

Stuck in the 70's ---

In E. Texas

Dave -

Can't say for sure but I would log into the router and try setting WiFi Client mode to disabled from Wireless as WAN in the internet settings. Then it should not look for the internet.

ie: set mode to advanced-

click on internet tab-

click on WiFi as WAN-

Set first field to disabled-

Also I would try setting all WAN devices to disabled in connection manager if above doesn't do it.

Should do it

Worth a try..... :rolleyes:

Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Either of the above appear to work on my MBR95, didn't try it with the wireless printer but it let me get to other devices on the LAN.

Dave

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Archived