Hankook tires

Art and Bev

I have Michelin XZA 12RX22.5 load range H tires on 2004 Country Coach 33,000 lbs max gross weight. They are 0209 dated tires with about 87,000 miles on them. They are about 6 years of age. No creacking on outside but inside is what counts. Will be looking for new tires. No complaints. Suggest that you know weight of motor home and get tire chart from manufacturer to ensure that the tire can carry motor home and air pressure that manufacturer recommends.

Ryin: In the history of MH RV tires there have only been 2 RV specific MH tires: The G670 GY and the XRV Michelin. Both have been problematic! The XRV is not available in the most popular MH sizes. GY 670s' do not have that extra groove on the outside of the tread and the tires "river". There are 10's of thousands of MH's running what you called truck tires. They are not drive or trailer tires. They are either steer or multi use tires ( steer and drive). There are some sub categories of these tires such as regional or long haul. Any decent tire dealer knows which are best for a MH. Almost all high end MH's come with Michelin tires that are not MH specific. You can call Michelin's hot line and they will make a recommendation.

• 9 months later...

I have been using Hancook for years on my semi fleet, and now on my HDT. Excellent wear, do not ride or steer rough, and most important, hardly any failures. Also, these don't seem to get what is called... "free rolling wear". That is when on the steer axle you see cupping or flat spots on the outside of the tire. They balance out usually with a pound or less. My test Goodyears and Firestone were terrible to keep balanced. I went to the balance ring and no problems there either. By the way, Wabash Trailer, Who sells to all the major fleets have Hancook as an original tire from the factory.

Just my opinion after 35 years in trucking, and over 50 semi's.

Bigtrailer

I do think there are differences in tires. DW had a commuter car a few years ago and wore out the tires on her econobox. We replaced the tires with Chinese tires as the Firestone Dealer stated they would be safe. They were safe with no major problems in 70K miles. The differences between the OEM Michelins and our Chinese tires was very noticeable with greater amounts of road noise and when encountering rain grooves I stopped the car to see if we had a flat. We did not as the tires just tracked with the grooves causing the car to feel strange. That went away as we broke the tires in but we were never able to get rid of the road noise, you get what you pay for. We bought an old motorhome and not surprisingly it needed tires which we replaced with Hankooks, which were on it when we bought it. After several thousand miles I must say I am impressed. No noise or handling problems. The old tires, (Hankooks), had many thousands of mile on them and stood up to time and use without issue. I cannot speak for others and their experience but I am satisfied with the cost and performance of these tires. As our saga continues I may say differently and in no way am I comparing Hankooks to Michelins or other more notable brands as I am certain you do get what you pay for.

Phil, Carol, Ariel, Grey Lady, SKP# 93039

2009 Carriage Cameo

2016 Ram 2500, CTD, 4X4

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

http://motojavaphil.blogspot.com/

Archived