Headed Northwest

Not Quite Yet

Ok, we will be headed to Cody, WY the middle of April and I refuse to go back on US287. We came back that way and it almost beat our truck and 5th wheel to pieces.

We will be leaving from Lubbock TX about the middle of April and no hurry to get there before the last of April. We normally make the trip in about 3 days. However I don't want to drive through Denver and don't want to drive through OK on 287, do you have any other suggestions? I looked at Lubbock to Durango CO to Monticello UT to either Evanston WY or Rocksprings WY. Also looked at US385 north from Lubbock to some where in Nebraska, but I don't know how the roads are up that way.

On our way back from Cody this last Sept we turned off of I25 just before Wheatland and went across to Scots Bluff NE them turned south. This route wasn't bad until we got on US287 and that stretch of road was beyond terrible. Rough enough that it broke my exhaust just in front of the Muffler, noisy ride on to Lubbock. 

Ford F350

40 ft 5th wheel

DW driving our daily driver 

Thanks for suggestions in advance

11 hours ago, Not Quite Yet said:

It was the section across Okla.

I guess I blinked, it is so short, because while it may not be smooth as glass, it wasn't as bad as sections of I-40 out of Flagstaff!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834