Info about 37' 1988 Coachmen Royal

admaloch

Found someone that is selling a 1988 Coachmen Royal 37' with a Chevy 454 with slightly fewer than 50,000 miles. Being sold as-is, but it looks pretty decent for its age and turns on and runs. There have been leaks, but no obvious(known) water damage/mold. Only one of the two A.C. units works. Wheels aren't perfect but look alright. Water and gas tanks are fine, and all kitchen appliances are good. Carpet isn't terrible, but looks old and could be replaced. I know it's hard to say for sure, but does anyone have a ball park estimate of what one of these might be worth. They're asking $5000, but are open to offers. There's not a lot of info about these on the internet so I'm having trouble figuring out if it's a good deal. 

How capable at minor repairs are you? How willing to deal with a thousand little things going wrong, at the worst time, are you. What would you consider to be too much money? It's an old rig, with unknown issues, so you need to be prepared to accept that. Personally, I'd cap it at around  $3500. Beyond that price, repairs could eat you alive. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are here to help and will do our very best.

I visited the internet site of NADA to get a price for your RV and much to my surprise they list the average retail price as $10,300. With a coach that size, I think that it must have a tag axle but I would sure get it weighed to match that against the GVWR for the chassis. Unless you have a great deal of RV knowledge I also suggest that you get help from someone who does. I believe that you should get a mechanic to check it out as well as an RV tech. With an RV of that age, you will probably have to replace some of the appliances before too long. I would also want to have all fluids changed and get all rubber parts replaced. You should check the tires for the date code to see how old they are as tires should be replaced somewhere around 7 years of age. 

determine-age-of-tires-2.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I guess my question would be "what are you planning to do with the RV"?   Are you just going to tinker with it and do the obvious repairs/modifications yourself and camp locally?  Or, are you planning on taking road trips with it in the future?

IMHO an RV of that age could be more problems that it is worth for long distance traveling no matter what the initial purchase price was.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)