Tire recomendations

We have one and consider a "must" item. So nice to be able to check the tires from inside. No going out in the rain, snow, mud, cold, wind, dark to check the tires. Just push a few buttons and you know all is well.

Ask Santa to bring you one............He can be a nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, KeepingUpWithTheJoneses said:

RamblinRec, do you have LT or ST tires? STs like Goodyear Endurance are designed for trailers and can carry more weight. You can use E rated tires on 7,000 lb. axles.

And I can assume E rated tires are a softer ride? This would be closer to the answer I was looking for. I want to thank all of you for your input, I have not joined the weighing of four corners club yet, but I have taken that under advisement.  

As for the moment  I have lowered my air pressure to 70 PSI all around and ride is much better. I will have to wait to trade out my G Rated tires until there a little more used. And at that time I will be exploring the lighter weight tires. Discovering that tires gain air pressures as they get warmer has opened my eyes to my issues.

Thanks again Safe Travels

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

On 3/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, RamblinRec said:

Hey guys,

Speaking of load ratings...granted I'm running a 5th, and I may be in the wrong forum...but my question is:

Is there a load rating to weight reference guide  ?

Currently running G rated on 8 lugs...I have heard them scaringly  referred to as "China Bombs" at the rated 70psi

My fear is if I go to H rated to handle the weight and hopefully give me a little piece of mind,

will it  ride too hard and put more stress on the suspension ...and we all know how fragile they can be..

I do have cameras running I can monitor while driving...right now,   not much is moving around

the sticker says the coach is 14k...but with all my crap in it....?

I see a stop at the scales in my near future...

Confused by the 70 psi ? 

If you have G rated tires the cold inflation is 110 psi. That would probably make any G a “China Bomb” 

At 14000+ you should be running close to max inflation recommendations for your G rated tires. 

Sailun or Goodyear seem to be the major players in the ST tire wars. With Sailun getting a lot of recommendations for both price and durability. 

Archived