Air leak detection

runaway parents

While prepping truck for work on the frame thought I would pressure wash it at the truck wash .Accidently tripped over a cool way to detect air leaks put the truck wash on brush mode a soak every thing with foam found three more air leaks I did not know I had .Two air bag leaks  and one leveling valve seems to be leaking where arm is attached to the valve. Don't think it should be leaking air there? please correct me if I am wrong it is leaking write where there is a shaft coming out of the valve it goes threw the arm and a nut threads onto it. Where would be a good place to source one.?

It should not be leaking where the arm leaves the valve.  I would not sweat a small leak,  mine was gushing air.

today i sourced one using goigle for “suspension leveling valve” and selected the picture that looked like mine.  

I expect most any of them could be used, but i am too lazy to modify the piping and arrangement to fit a different valve.

mine was 89$ shipped to my door, or 350$ from dealer.

or you can take it apart and change or lube the leaking o-ring for almost nothing.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

I purchased a new leveling valve at Napa Auto Parts when mine started leaking.  I pulled the old one off and took it with me to make sure everything matched up (which it did).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived