Samsung TV Lost Sound and Picture

We were watching OTA live TV tonight during a major rainstorm (we were using the Direct Winegard satellite for other tasks). Suddenly the TV briefly pixilated, then picture and sound disappeared from both live and satellite feed. I accessed the back of the TV and found a small amount of water near the HDMI, Red & White RCA connectors and power cord connect. I disconnected and dried everything out. No life yet.the power bu The button on front of TV is blank (should have a red light when power is off). When I push this button (or try to power on with remote) I get a red light that always flashes 5 times but still no sound or picture. Are those red flashes a code? My 2nd TV  (old Sony) in rear of MH is not affected.

Should I naively assume this brief moisture exposure will pass/dry out completely and function will return? Or could the water really fry something I do not see? Samsung is 7 years old (2010/2011 model). I notice online that Samsung's back in 2009 were blowing boards like crazy in 6 months to 2 years.

Hank Whitney
SKP 67414
2005 Mandalay DP
In Albuquerque NM on the way to Arizona

Hank & Joyce

2019 Phoenix Cruiser 3100

2012 Honda CRV

Need clarification on 5 flashing lights.

If from remote probably telling you, you have no connection with TV.

TV =from your post (clarification The button on front of TV is blank (should have a red light when power is

Check!

is your circuit breaker to that outlet POPED? Physically  check and reset.

On your remote maybe you fingered so many buttons on remote needs to be reset.

remove batteries, Good then put back in, bad/old replace. wait about 2 minutes

look at front of remote is there a button that says INPUT? (mine is to the left of 0 on pad)if so press, maybe might need to do a couple times, each time will cycle to next input.  Watch lights on remote they might also cycle thru TV/DVD/STB/AUX

Watch TV also, maybe will see power button come on!

Look in your manual, is there a reset button on TV? yes/no

if yes, then follow your manual on reset. Might be a button, or small hole (paper clip size) on back

(info) on some older models you need to manually plug/unplug cord to wall rapidly 3-5 times to reset power supply. (old school) may not work with digital sets.

Go to Samsung.com and check forum Q/A, will sometimes let you type a question without signing up.  If so then you might only get generic answers, but might give you some ideas to check.

also on Samsung.com  you might be able to download your service manual, different from your user manual.

Your post =Samsung is 7 years old (2010/2011 model). I notice online that Samsung's back in 2009 were blowing boards like crazy in 6 months to 2 years.

Question= was your model #/serial # on that list that you commented on?

Go back to your post, you said rain/water then no picture/sound and 5 blinking lights. So blowing boards back  in 2009 does it really have anything to do with your rain/water problem now!

try what I mentioned above and hope it helps or at the least will eliminate some of your questions/thoughts.

If you pay for for the coverage on the receiver it covers any item used to view or receive direc tv. My wife had her iPad upgraded and replaced. My sister had her tv replaced. Call them and see if you have the coverage. It also covers your computer if you have the right coverage.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Archived