Networking a Mobley

I have been thinking.  If I took a mini USB to USB 2 or 3 cable and connected the Mobley to a 5GHz router.  Would I have faster speeds?  I'm not trying to hook up more the the 5 device limit.  But improve it.  The Mobley can download up to 100 Mbps, so it got me thinking that maybe the weak link is the wireless connection to the devices that I have on the Mobley.  As the Mobley only has 802.11 b/g/n and not 2.4 or 5 Ghz.  Thanks for the feedback and thoughts.

LTE 700/850/1700/1900
HSPA 850/1900
Download speeds up to 100 Mbps
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Connect up to 5 Wi-Fi devices

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

The weakest link is whatever tower the Mobley is working off of.
You will never see a 100Mbps.

In the 6 different states over the last 6 months I have been in.
Fastest has been 22.40 and slowest 2.40Mbps

I just ran a test where I am now and got a 11.21Mbps
My Sprint iPhone got 36.96Mbps

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

7 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

I've found that simply hanging the Mobley out the window more than doubles the speed . ;)

That's with no antenna . Mobley only .

X2 with Pate and Pete. When we get to a new location, we move the Mobley from window to window for the best tower location while monitoring the signal level from the wifi manager. We too leave it hanging in the window and sometimes get 2 times or greater speeds. 

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

34 minutes ago, jerryneal said:

X2 with Pate and Pete. When we get to a new location, we move the Mobley from window to window for the best tower location while monitoring the signal level from the wifi manager. We too leave it hanging in the window and sometimes get 2 times or greater speeds. 

Currently the Mobley is actually outside the window . Of course we'll 'let it in' before we retire for the night . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

11 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

I've found that simply hanging the Mobley out the window more than doubles the speed . ;)

That's with no antenna . Mobley only .

I put mine at a window inside with the label side out.  I check the signal strength at many directions before I choose one.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived