Downsizing tips

ToddF

The last tip on that list was one I never considered before. Yes, I should have taken Grandma's dresser that once lived in my bedroom even though I had no place for it. It was the most painless way for Dad to get rid of it. And would have been much less painful for me to get rid of it.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

As I have now started to do this, I read that article and will read it again more closely. My rule of thumb has been "If you haven't used it in so long you didn't even know you had it, it can probably go." And my rule of index finger has been "If you haven't used it in 6 months, it can go." And my rule of middle finger has been "If you have 4 of these and rarely use one, at least those other 3 can go." Turn it into some cash, buy stuff for your RV, bank money for your vacation, or maybe just save it.

I had SO much crap I have sold piecemeal, instruments I could spare since I have not been in a band for a really long time, I had 2 24" flat screen TVs that were sitting on the floor, having been replaced by bigger ones. That kind of thing. When I finally DO leave this house, the pile on the curb will be huge. 2 couches that are in no shape to sell... that kind of thing. A lot will be donated to Goodwill or the VA charities or something like that.

And it DOES feel good to purge!!

I spent more then a year Craigslisting everything.  I think my neighbors thought that I was a drug dealer.  As multiple people came about every day to buy things.  I even found th buyer to my house.  And this was on top of our yearly yard sale.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived