Classes of 2008 and 2009

After 2 weeks with the grandsons, Nana needed a break so yesterday we moved to the Houston Elks Lodge for 2 days. Leaving tomorrow to return to see the grandsons again.

Jerry

Dang....we just missed you guys.....we expect to arrive at the Houston Elks (Stafford) in about a week. Gonna stop in Bay St.Louis, MS and then overnite in Livingston long enough to get MH inspection. Then we'll be at Houston Elks until after Christmas. Catch you next time...I hope.

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sure is a good thing I plan everything by looking through the Jello Ball, or by using some of Jeri's Chalk. :rolleyes: I was supposed to stop at Champoeg State Park in Oregon this evening for a visit with friends from Texas that are work camping there. However late yesterday afternoon 2 light planes decided to have an arguement over air space and one of them crash landed in the park. Just minor injuries in that plane, but not so good news from the other one that crashed just across the river. So now the park is closed for the investigation.

Plan B is now in force, Sneak up :ph34r: :ph34r: on Steve and Carol at the Vancouver Elks.

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Plan B is now in force, Sneak up :ph34r: :ph34r: on Steve and Carol at the Vancouver Elks.

Those little planes sure get themselves into trouble!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew you'd show up at the Vancouver Elks. I guess we got out of there just in time. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Those little planes sure get themselves into trouble!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew you'd show up at the Vancouver Elks. I guess we got out of there just in time. :D

Yes they do, sad for some though.

HAHAHA but just think, your gonna miss out on the Cranberry Juice, Baaaad Whiskey, and WE get to talk about YOU. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We moved back to Beaumont today to my daughters driveway. I10 is about 600 feet from her house. Let us know when you are going thru and maybe we can get together for lunch or just a visit.

Jerry

Dang....we just missed you guys.....we expect to arrive at the Houston Elks (Stafford) in about a week. Gonna stop in Bay St.Louis, MS and then overnite in Livingston long enough to get MH inspection. Then we'll be at Houston Elks until after Christmas. Catch you next time...I hope.

Paul

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

PS- Linda has lost so much weight if she was to go to Quartzsite this winter she had better watch the wind because it might blow her away :D . They both looked great!!

Jerry

What a good liar you are but thanks for the compliment. It was really nice to see friends one more time before we head home since we KNOW none of you are going to come visit is this winter. I wish we'd had enough time and energy to go to dinner but once we finished at PPL we just wanted to go crawl in a hole and we still needed to haul everything in the car over to the motel where we could repack the car in a way that might actually get everything to fit in it.

Our RV is now in the hands of PPL for better or worse. We knew they made their reputation for quick sales by underpricing their units but we were still surprised at how big a cut we took before they even listed it. Since we don't want to try to sell it ourselves, this is the price we decided to pay but it still hurts. Someone out there is going to get a VERY good deal.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

just as I fired up the computer I got a call from a young cowgirl that was in this park but in now in a park a half mile down the road. She talked for an hour and a half and I'm about wore out now. The weather has turned a little beasty here. Rain and wind gust of about 30 mph. The temperature is supposed to get down close to freezing tonight. That will be hard to take after all the 80 degree days we've been having. I got my tires all aired up and the spring bars for my hitch all greased up and now the hitch itch just needs to be scratched by hooking up and heading out next Tuesday morning. I'll probably stop in Benson, AZ the first night out then boondock in Jim Korstein park at I-8 exit 151 just west of Casa Grande, AZ for a few nights. From there I'll either head for Q or to Yuma, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well so much for sneaking up on Steve and Carol. I no more than parked to unhook and there was Steve. I got the rig parked and went over to their place and caught Carol cleaning for company. :P Had a GREAT time visiting, then they put on a big ole Spaghetti Feed MMMMMMMMMMMMM. We about half expected to hear IYQ knock on the door for that. :lol: Gonna have a hard day on the road today.........moving approx 70 miles. :blink:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well so much for sneaking up on Steve and Carol. I no more than parked to unhook and there was Steve. I got the rig parked and went over to their place and caught Carol cleaning for company. :P Had a GREAT time visiting, then they put on a big ole Spaghetti Feed MMMMMMMMMMMMM. We about half expected to hear IYQ knock on the door for that. :lol: Gonna have a hard day on the road today.........moving approx 70 miles. :blink:

Joe

We have a short travel today too. It's only 170 miles. We had to have one in there someplace or have a really, really long day. We decided today would be it especially since we wanted to wait until the winds calmed down around Needles. So, this afternoon we'll pull into the Orange Grove RV park in Bakersfield. We now have a windshield to replace in the motorhome. It cracked at the top. Fun. Fun. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We have a short travel today too. It's only 170 miles. We had to have one in there someplace or have a really, really long day. We decided today would be it especially since we wanted to wait until the winds calmed down around Needles. So, this afternoon we'll pull into the Orange Grove RV park in Bakersfield. We now have a windshield to replace in the motorhome. It cracked at the top. Fun. Fun. :D

Dang, a whole 170 miles??????? :blink: Sorry to hear about the windshield, are you gonna try to get it fixed in Bakersfield or when you get to Phoenix?

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Dang, a whole 170 miles??????? :blink: Sorry to hear about the windshield, are you gonna try to get it fixed in Bakersfield or when you get to Phoenix?

Joe

Well, I just looked at the map ... we just might go a little farther(Barstow?), perhaps. We'll get it fixed in Phoenix. Terry wants to get to Phoenix. His folks are having some health issues so the pressure is on again for him to get there to help his mother. :mellow:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Ohhhhhhh you are going to the Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield and right around the corner is the California Fruit and Nut Depot. I love that place. You could stay all day and eat just samples. Have fun. (sorry about your windshield $$$$)

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

It looks like I'll pull out of the Tourist Trap either Sat. or Sun. for the run to Quartzsite. Been trapped in the trailer the last couple of days due to weather. I still have a bunch of chores to get done but it is looking better.

If I've got it figured right, I think Lee, Jeri and Terry, and I have a meal coming in the very near future.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Hmmmmm looked outside this morning and Joe had already sneeked out!! :o We had a nice dinner and talked about everyone, so all of your ears must be ringing this morning. It was good to see Joe and Bandit again, now we'll have to "chase him South".

Jeri, sorry to hear about the windshield, did a rock hit it, or was it a stress crack?

Linda, sorry you had to take a bath on the unit. It just doesn't seem fair, but at least you won't have to hassle with the selling part. We kind of felt that way about our house, but at least it's GONE!

We are heading out to get flue shots today, how exciting is that. :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey Steve - that's the same thing Jim and I did today. Not sure we can contain ourselves with all this exciting stuff.

Heading out tomorrow for a Chapter 45 Rally in Camp Verde. Got 24 rigs signed up so it should be a great time.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hmmmmm looked outside this morning and Joe had already sneeked out!! :o We had a nice dinner and talked about everyone, so all of your ears must be ringing this morning. It was good to see Joe and Bandit again, now we'll have to "chase him South".

Jeri, sorry to hear about the windshield, did a rock hit it, or was it a stress crack?

Linda, sorry you had to take a bath on the unit. It just doesn't seem fair, but at least you won't have to hassle with the selling part. We kind of felt that way about our house, but at least it's GONE!

Heck I didn't sneak out, fired up the rig and let it run for what seemed like hours. Then fired up the truck as well. Think I even hit the air horn once or twice, but NOTHING from Bessie Bus. :P It was good seeing you guys and I really feel good that someone is gonna be behind me on the way south. :lol:

Hmmmm wonder who is between Salem and Yuma that I can sneak up on next?

Got to Salem early and got everything stocked up that I needed. Went and visited a friend that is a gunsmith. Actually had in mind picking something up from him, just didn't want a 12 guage. That thing was sweet though......maybe on my way back through in the Spring. :D The Salem Elks, by the Airport, has really been working on their RV Park, got a space with 50 amp, water, and sewer for $17.00. They are putting in Concrete patios, etc.

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Four days to go, then I'm gone. We had a cold breeze today it never got out of the 40's until almost noon. This evening is cool but comfortable. 64 degrees right now at 5:45 PM. I stayed inside most of the day because the wind just wasn't very nice on my old hide. This morning one of the cowgirls came over to talk about solar for her rig. We had a very nice conversation. Then about noon another of the cowgirls brought me some Heirloom tomatoes. They are purple. But boy do they taste good. I think I'll save some of the seeds and try to grow some in a bucket next spring and summer. I'll probably go back to NC next summer to see my doctor so I won't be heading for the high country. The tomatoes should like that. Tomorrow is the last day of the Rally here at the Low Ranch. I'll be glad to see them all leave because I'll be right behind them. Sitting inside all day I got a lot of carving practice in and I've just about got my touch back. I made very few mistakes while practicing today. After the wind went down I went over to my young frieds house and helped him put another solar panel on his trailer. Now he has a 135watt and an 85 watt panel. For his small rig it should be enough. He doesn't need an inverter and his DC TV only consumes 24 watts and he is changing his lights over to LEDs. One of the past presidents of the club asked me to come over and look at her Solar system she doesn't think it's connected to the batteries. I traced the wiring out as well as I could and it seem to be working but they connected the DC output of the controler to the breaker panel instead of directly to the battery. That will work but it makes the Frig relay go crazy. All the wiring was crimped connections so I couldn't even take voltage measurements to confirm what was working and what wasn't there is an analog DC volt meter on the controler but about all you can tell is there is a voltage but how much is anyones guess.

Ok, Dave C. you talked me into it. I'll go to Q instead of Yuma before going to the slabs. But, it may be a waste of time because Jeri is spending all her money on windshields and Quads. We may not be able to get any spaghetti and cranberry juice out of her.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Joe -- The Salem Elks was on our "maybe stop" list. The write-up on it was great but we just went right on by. We do that way too much.

Steve -- It was a stress crack we're sure because it cracked at the top when a bump in the road set everything else jumping.

IYQ & Sailbad --Since you won't even be leaving New Mexico for a few days, you'll be coming through the Phoenix area when we're already there. We'll be flying through "Q" on Sunday. I don't think you'll be there then ... will you? Let us know when you get close.

I was sure glad to get Tehachapi behind us today. I WAS SURE GLAD!! I thought we'd never stop going up and besides that was just after we got a "vapor lock" (we think) going up hill on a curve out of Bakersfield and everything died on me! Not fun!! Not fun at all.

For now I'm really pooped. The 170 miles turned into 306 and over an hour was sitting still on Hwy 58 waiting for the flaggers to flag us through.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

IYQ & Sailbad --Since you won't even be leaving New Mexico for a few days, you'll be coming through the Phoenix area when we're already there. We'll be flying through "Q" on Sunday. I don't think you'll be there then ... will you? Let us know when you get close.

I was sure glad to get Tehachapi behind us today. I WAS SURE GLAD!! I thought we'd never stop going up and besides that was just after we got a "vapor lock" (we think) going up hill on a curve out of Bakersfield and everything died on me! Not fun!! Not fun at all.

For now I'm really pooped. The 170 miles turned into 306 and over an hour was sitting still on Hwy 58 waiting for the flaggers to flag us through.

GOOD GRIEF!!! You guys flat dropped the hammer! You are right. You'll be in PHX almost before I leave New Mexico. We'll have to make that dinner on a later date.

I started the Chinese fire drill yesterday and really made some headway at getting this trailer cleaned up. But then I checked the 5 day forecast and realized the weather was going to be good all 5 days. So I slowed down a bit. We'll be pulling out probably Sunday, Monday at the latest. This trailer is going to be lighter this trip. I'm sorting out tools and clothes. Some of them are staying here. I can almost see what is in the wardrobe.

Lee, for me it will be a 2 day run. I'll be in Quartzsite either Monday or Tuesday night.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

10/28 to 10/30 extened our stay 2 more days at the South Monticello Point CG in Elephant Butte State Park just because it is so beautiful and peaceful here even if the lake is down.

WOW! This is a secret gem of a NM campground. It is about 2 yrs. old and about 10 miles north of Elephant Butte. Sites are HUGE with gravel parking next to a covered concrete patio. The sites are also far apart. You have a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains with beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Had a few cool days but mostly in the upper 60s and low 70s. Our site on one loop backs up to a view of the lake as do other sites in the park. A great stop over for those going north and south. Even had a 'camp host' roadrunner on our steps to say hello. We have seen jackrabbits and lizards but haven't heard any coyotes howling yet. By the way, there is a Wal-Mart in Truth or Consequences-just can't seem to get away from them!!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Oh the joys of RV ownership. Jim was hitching up this morning so we could head up to Camp Verde and our front landing jack snapped off. We called one repair shop and they said it would take a week to get the jack in. No good. We then tried Apache Junction RV Service and Supplies. And just when you think customer service is dead, along comes Tom. These guys have gone the extra mile for us. They didn't stock the right jacks but they made a bunch of calls and found some in Phoenix. They didn't have anybody to go get them so off Jim went to pick them up. Called Tom when he got back and Tom came right over to help install them. We decided to just replace both of the front jacks. So Jim and Tom are currently hard at work trying to get us ready to go again. We won't be leaving today - definitely not going to fight the rush hour traffic. So we'll head up early in the morning.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

It looks like our classes have kept the RV repair guys in bussiness. Jerri & Terry's windsheld, Jim & Sandie's jacks and our fridge. When we got home from getting the cooling unit put in the frig. The lug nuts had loosened on a trailer wheel and ruined the wheel and lug bolts. My fault for not checking them. Six months from now it will just be a bad memory, and we will probly have something else to worry about. Everyone stay safe. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

I finally got my map pin freed up and yesterday it went from Salem to Susanville, ca. I'm trying to beat Steve and Carol to AZ. :rolleyes: However found out there are NO sites of any kind available in Beatty Nevada for tonight so I'm just gonna mosey down the road to maybe Hawthorne today.

Some of you folks need to find a different excuse for not traveling, breaking things is way more expensive than being in the road. :lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I finally got my map pin freed up and yesterday it went from Salem to Susanville, ca. I'm trying to beat Steve and Carol to AZ. :rolleyes: However found out there are NO sites of any kind available in Beatty Nevada for tonight so I'm just gonna mosey down the road to maybe Hawthorne today.

Some of you folks need to find a different excuse for not traveling, breaking things is way more expensive than being in the road. :lol:

Joe

I THINK we would rather be on the road breaking things than sitting still.

But Freddy's right, you're safe, that's what matters.

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

It looks like our classes have kept the RV repair guys in bussiness. Jerri & Terry's windsheld, Jim & Sandie's jacks and our fridge. When we got home from getting the cooling unit put in the frig. The lug nuts had loosened on a trailer wheel and ruined the wheel and lug bolts. My fault for not checking them. Six months from now it will just be a bad memory, and we will probly have something else to worry about. Everyone stay safe. LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

we just took our mh in to have the main slide motor and all the attachment pieces replaced. It cost $ 1,400, but our service contract carrier covered it all. oh happy day! hopefully this will take care of the problem we have been having w/ the slide, ie. shear pins breaking. i had figured out how to replace them and it was a pain. glad to have the assembly all new.

eric

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com