Removing White Streaks on 2005 Fleetwood Southwind RV

I have a 2005 Fleetwood southwind and there are white streaks (after a rain) down the sides and front of the rv. I guess it has a rubber roof and what i am seeing is oxidation. The local rv store has told me a good scrubbing and coating will solve the problem but only for 6 months and $700 ? Seems like there should be a better way to do this. Has anyone solved this problem?

What you are experiencing is a very normal thing with an EDPM roof. As they age they will chalk off the surface and while some of the aftermarket treatments help, nothing will totally prevent it. Assuming that the membrane of your roof is original as it likely is, the 19 years of use is playing a part and it may quite likely be nearing the end of it's life. There are numerous EDPM roof coatings available that can extend the useful life of the membrane. There are also more permanent roof products like RV Armor or Flex-Arnor and several others available. Your rood may have several more years left and there are cleaning products that you can do yourself to help. The first thing to do is to get on your roof and examine it. If it is starting to look like the picture it may be nearly time to replace it.

33851689938_bcb1e050f6_o.jpg

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI