OTA RV antenna

For years we used our locals through Dish Network because at our homebase we just couldn't get them until a couple of years ago when I started to experiment with different styles of DIY antennas. I think I built at least 5 before I  was ready to give up and continue paying $12 a month but then I tried it one last time. Using just part of one of the antenna's I tried and that was two 14" pieces of #6 copper wire and a short piece of vinyl fence I had laying around. I formed a loop one each end of the wire the size of the screw I was using to attach it to the vinyl. I attached the coax shield to one wire and the copper core to the other without a matching transformer (tried one and it killed the signal) and ran it into the house through a splitter and run two TVs off it. The one at the house is on a piece of 1" rigid conduit that is setup so it can be turned and locked into place because it is directional but it can receive a signal from the front or back. The one on the trailer is mounted on the existing antenna and it works way better than the Winegard. At home I'm pulling signals from 65 miles without any problems and it's the only one we are using in the trailer.

If you have to straighten the wire clamp one end and chuck the other one into a drill and slowly twist it.

Denny

IMG_20240116_120359143_HDR2_copy_295x293.jpg.850d175ea19db3b9249cd1780634487e.jpgresized.thumb.jpg.5e8b0cc35e6836b8626c42f978adcb34.jpg

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska