Apple TV App?

I just downloaded the Apple TV app to my Firestick because I am interested in watching the series For All Mankind (which is an Apple original show).  I get a 7-day free trial then it's $6.99 thereafter. 

When I went to watch the first episode of the show, it appears that, in order to watch the entire series, I have to pay an *additional* $6.99 per month.

Can anyone here who has the Apple TV app confirm that I'm understanding this correctly?  If so, I'll just cancel the service because I'm not paying $14+ per month just to watch one program.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Yes, I'm logged in.  

When I went to the program I was interested in watching, I was given two options: 1) Play Free Episode and 2) Try It Free.

Obviously, the first option allows me to watch *one* episode for free.  If I select the second option it says "7 days free, then $6.99/month."

That says to me that, if I want to watch all seasons of the program, I have to pay $6.99/month *in addition to* the $6.99/month I'd pay for Apple TV. With tax, it would be something like $15/$16 per month.

None of the other apps I have charge additional money to watch all seasons of a particular program.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

I have AppleTV Plus - it’s always been one price for everything under AppleTV+.  It shouldn’t cost you an additional 6.99/month to watch the entire series, just the $6.99.

It sounds to me like there’s a hiccup with your log-in, or maybe you got the message because you are still in the 7 days free trial period?

Anyway, thanks for mentioning the show For All Mankind.  I had watched the first episode and liked it, but got distracted by other things and forgot about it.  I’m now watching the second episode.

7 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

It sounds to me like there’s a hiccup with your log-in, or maybe you got the message because you are still in the 7 days free trial period?

Yes, I'm still within the 7-day free trial period.  Well, maybe I'll go ahead and give it a try.  If I'm charged the $6.99 + $6.99 at the end of the free trial period, I'll just cancel the subscription.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul