New fast, cheap, and tiny computers out now

RV_

Intel has a new System on a Chip processor line called the N 100 series. I was unaware of them until I saw this micro computer called the Morefine M8s. I did not believe the specs at first but the reviews bore them out.

ymow6aq.jpg

So I bought one with the 12th gen N-100 SoC, 16GB of RAM, and the 512GB M.2 SSD and 4k graphics output for $179.99. As well it has built in Bluetooth and WiFi 6! Our home Internet is WiFi6 It lived up to the hype and then some IMO.

This thing has a new Intel line I think is replacing the Pentium line but so much more advanced and well thought out. It uses a System on a Chip (SoC) that combines the CPU, graphics, and controller functions on a single piece of silicon.

So here is the link to where I found the best prices and security – Amazon.

Morefine N100 system link

When I bought it a couple of weeks ago it was more out of curiosity and as a tech toy, and maybe it would be a good Home theater unit.

I am bowled over. This thing is tiny with a silent fan, much faster than I expected, and unless you are a gamer  (It runs some games) or doing a lot of heavy lifting with your computers. This is fast enough for me and will do anything I need daily.

It is a desktop system that for RVrs I envision as a mounted on the back of TVs to save space and using wireless all in one keyboards and track pads like the Logitech K400 which I have.

I was concerned with its use of single instead of dual channel RAM and that the only upgrades are for the SSD. As well there is no USB C port for data, the one in the is is the power supply connector, but all the USB A ports are USB 3.2. However, the build quality is excellent as well as easy to mount as it came with a back of monitor/TV bracket and the mounting VESA screws as well that fit mine. I had never heard of Morefine but took a chance based on many reviews. I have never owned aa system that had two Ethernet Ports and have no idea what use they could be. (I am sure someone will pipe up with uses)

YMMV but micro systems have come a long way since my last one.

Here are pics of mine:

Below shows it is smaller than a normal mouse. I already installed the mounting bracket on the bottom.

QDKmW4B.jpg

Below: It fits in the palm of my hand, and I do not have large hands.

N2yjKyT.jpg

I mounted it on the back of a Viewsonic 28" full HD W-LED VA2855smh monitor that uses an MVA panel.

vtjTXYX.jpg

Below: The picture is stunning, even in FHD. I am trying it on my 4k TV and my quad HD (2k) 32" main monitor next. I also used a Bose Soundlink mini II for the sound hooked up with a 3.5mm audio cable. The Bose is black but is visible under the monitor in the pic. As well the mini keyboard/trackpad.

SDoQbAZ.jpg

It runs cooler than any of my systems as measured by Speccy: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

I have been using Speccy free for ten years or so. Love it.

Any questions?

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire