My dentist in Progreso moved

I'd like a few opinions on dentists in Nuevo Progreso. We are in the RGV at present and want to get some routine dental cleaning and maybe a refit on my upper partial. My dentist who was great has moved to Guatemala to help in a clinic there. I would like an older man or woman but would consider a younger man or woman that you have used and liked. Thank you.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

We use Dr. Arnoldo Portillo for our dentist (956) 532-4900. His fees are $35 for a cleaning and they were $80 for a filling and $300 for a crown, all cash of course. 

When you cross the walking bridge into Progreso and you come to the first cross road, he is on the Left side of main street the 2nd or 3rd door down. The waiting room is small, but the operating rooms are typical of any you find in the US. They have a couple of dental techs working there and they were taught in US universities.

We have Delta insurance and 3 years ago our Michigan dentist told me I needed a crown replaced along with 4 cavities and maybe a root canal TBD. I took my x-rays to Dr. Portillo for a second opinion during our annual winter cleaning appt and he said the existing crown was good and he could not find any sign of 4 cavities. That was 3 years ago and again Dr Portillo said my teeth still look good at last months cleaning!!

Thank you for replying. If you would, pm me your name like "Mr. and Mrs. Blue" and I'll use it as a reference at his office. Sounds like you have confidence in him and his staff.

Thanks again

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

To gjhunter01: Had my appointment with Dr. Portillo and everything went very well. The Doctor did the cleaning and also adjusted my partials and gave me some tips on wearing them. Also we visited about a possible permanent bridge in the future. Nice people and he was very pleasant and friendly. He's my guy now. And very very reasonably priced for the work done and a quote for future work.

Thanks, Dave

11 hours ago, oldcodger said:

To gjhunter01: Had my appointment with Dr. Portillo and everything went very well. The Doctor did the cleaning and also adjusted my partials and gave me some tips on wearing them. Also we visited about a possible permanent bridge in the future. Nice people and he was very pleasant and friendly. He's my guy now. And very very reasonably priced for the work done and a quote for future work.

Thanks, Dave

To Dave, glad it worked out for you, we too have had good experiences and have high respect for Dr. Portillo. He will accept Delta insurance, but his prices are so reasonable that we just pay cash. Another thing is that he does not demand x-rays for every visit which I believe is just a $$ grab for a dentist to charge your insurance.

Edited by gjhunter01