Starting in 18 months! cross fingers.

B00mB00M

22 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

So upon returning to TX you get the inspection within the three day allowance. Do you keep the report for proof should you need it or do you send a copy to the agency as well.

I have found that inspection stations are confused about the "returning to the state" inspection. The system is set up for the inspection to be done only within the 90 days prior to your registration expiring, which is the legal requirement for in-state vehicles. If you show up asking for an inspection outside of that window they won't want to do it, as (they tell me) the system "won't accept it".

I've patiently explained my situation and gotten them to perform an inspection, and then kept the receipt with me in the vehicle. The entire system is computerized and I have no idea if  this inspection is somehow registered with the DMV or not. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

1 hour ago, mptjelgin said:

The entire system is computerized and I have no idea if  this inspection is somehow registered with the DMV or not. 

It is tied to the DMV as when you get the inspection and then go into the DMV office and reregister the vehicle they do not need to see the document from the inspection station as they already have a digital copy. I actually drove from getting our truck inspection to a DMV office that was 4 blocks away and when I arrived at DOT and they pulled up my registration the inspection report just completed was there. They were not interested in my paper copy. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I understand that if you get your vehicle inspected within the 90 day window of registration that it is in the system and automatically recorded. That was the whole point of the "One Sticker" system.

What I was referring to was a return-to-state inspection. My inspection stations tells me that "the system" won't accept my inspection because it is outside of the 90-day prior window. So when I get them to do an inspection anyway and give me a paper copy, I don't know if THAT inspection is recorded within "the system" somehow. So I carry the paper copy to show that I did get the return-to-state inspection performed. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Archived