Livingston to Summerdale

kb0zke

Our plan is to go from Livingston to Summerdale with a stay of a few days near NOLA. The obvious route is down to I-10, then east. I've heard, though, that much of the highway is pretty rough and there is a bridge near Lake Charles that is even worse. Is there, perhaps, a better route?

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

I-10 is only really bad in Beaumont and at the Texas side of the border.  Louisana is good road, as well as Mississippi.  I-10 down thru New Orleans is give and take.  Much of it is bridge and elevated but decent.  The bridge in Lake Charles is just steep, but so is the one in Baton Rouge.  Lake Charles there is a bypass that goes south around but its the same time and distance for the same concrete road joints.

Louisiana has road construction east of Lafayette for 10-15 miles.  Just a slow down, not bad road.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Well, we survived the Lake Charles bridge today. As you said, most of the road wasn't too bad, but there were a few rough spots. We wanted to stop at the tourist welcome center BEFORE we got to the bridge. Unfortunately, it is immediately AFTER crossing over the bridge, and we almost missed it. We're spending a couple of days in Hammond, LA before going on to Rainbow Plantation on Thursday.

NOLA tomorrow!

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Archived