E450 electrical glitches that MAY happen.

I owned a 99 e450 Jayco, it was great but a few things electrical happened I would like to share to "hopefully", prevent the hours of trouble shooting I went through to find the problems.

While driving with the cruise engaged, the cruise quit. I looked for a fuse under the dash, it was good, there was a recall on these and a harness on the cruise module was replaced and the module and harness are right under the brake booster behind the fuse box under the hood. In that harness is a 2 amp fuse. My fuse wasn't burnt but the 2 amp fuse link wire was broken where it connected to the spade inside the fuse, it looked perfect but was open, replaced the fuse and all was well. 

The ac system started blowing a fuse under the dash, the fuse went to the blend door module controls. Under the motor cover, directly under the area of the AC controls is the wrapped harness of wires, The end of a bolt from the engine side was touching the harness and worked it's way inside through the insulation, causing the short. Tape on the end of the bolt and a zip tie on the harness  pulling it off the bolt end fixed it. 

Archived