Toy Hauler Loft Storage Ques

mysticmd

Hi - Anyone who has a fifth wheel toy hauler with the storage loft above the garage come up with a secure way to store items up in that loft? We took out the mattress (5 x 7) so have about a 2-3" wooden lip to tuck things behind but that is not secure; there are cabinets across one end and a window on the other, center roof vent; it does not have the loft 'fence' across the front as many do, it is wide open with the ladder going up on one side. Ideas? Thank you. Mary

My Cyclone has the "fence". I would suggest that you have one installed. It could be as simple as a rope or cable. Bottom heavy totes work well up there for storage of seasonal clothing and other non essentials, although the fewer non essentials in a 5ver the better. Be aware of the weight. The lofts are not built to carry all that much.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

Hi Ronbo - okay will check it out -- the wide open area is a good 6.5' across and goes down into the livingroom. Can't have stuff rolling over that lip and crashing when the drive is braking. Or I don't want it sliding around either - it's not packed by any means, but I do wish to utilize the space.

Hi Dreamer2 - guess they cheaped out with this 5-er. I was contemplating the D-rings with the neoprene patch (for rubber rafts) to epoxy on the floor of the loft to use as tie-down points. I may incorporate a bit of everything - fence or cargo net, tie-down points - just not sure. I don't think I can put anything into the walls, studs aren't where I would like them, hmmm.

Thank you for answering. I appreciate ideas and input.

Archived