WeBOOST Oscillation ?

I have a WeBOOST 4G-M in my travel trailer. It has been working great until this past weekend. I was in an area with very poor cellular performance. The mountains of Western Massachusetts (Heath MA)

When I turned on the WeBOOST, it would show great signal on my Verizon MiFi, but then the second light (Band 25/2) would turn red and I'd lose connection.

I believe I'm seeing oscillation and the booster is shutting down.

The travel trailer is 20' long, rubber roof over plywood, aluminum sides.

Antenna is mounted at the front of trailer on a 13" X 13" metal plate attached to the roof.

Inside "Hershey Bar" antenna is to the rear of the trailer, approx 16' away and 3' down from the roof.

Would I be seeing oscillation because the booster was working harder in this remote area where I never saw this in more cellular friendly areas?

Would more vertical separation of the antennas help as more horizontal separation is not practical.

Can I shield the inside antenna in some way with a metal plate? Any idea how big the plate would need to be for these frequencies?

Any other idea?

Unfortunately, I have no way to test anything until I'm in a similar situation again........

Thanks

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

I have a WeBOOST 4G-M in my travel trailer. It has been working great until this past weekend. I was in an area with very poor cellular performance. The mountains of Western Massachusetts (Heath MA)

When I turned on the WeBOOST, it would show great signal on my Verizon MiFi, but then the second light (Band 25/2) would turn red and I'd lose connection.

I believe I'm seeing oscillation and the booster is shutting down.

The travel trailer is 20' long, rubber roof over plywood, aluminum sides.

Antenna is mounted at the front of trailer on a 13" X 13" metal plate attached to the roof.

Inside "Hershey Bar" antenna is to the rear of the trailer, approx 16' away and 3' down from the roof.

Would I be seeing oscillation because the booster was working harder in this remote area where I never saw this in more cellular friendly areas?

Would more vertical separation of the antennas help as more horizontal separation is not practical.

Can I shield the inside antenna in some way with a metal plate? Any idea how big the plate would need to be for these frequencies?

Any other idea?

Unfortunately, I have no way to test anything until I'm in a similar situation again........

Thanks

If you want to separate and shield for testing purposes. Get a wilson compatible cradle from WPSAntennas.com . Hook up up and put the device in the cradle then you would be able to tell if it is an ocsillation issue.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

• 2 weeks later...

One comment I would have is regarding the external antenna connected to the WeBOOST 4G-M (assuming that the connector and/or bad connection would not be the problem) , the location of the antenna is very important because at the high frequency range of 4G this is pretty much "line-of-sight", especially if the nearest cell tower is a few miles away.

Very often, placing the antenna high enough, on a pole can improve significantly the signal strength.

Archived