oasis elite door awning

bsjones11

I have an Oasis Elite Automatic RV door awning. It will sometimes open part of the way and stop and or go out and won't retract. After working with it some manually, it will eventually return to the closed position. It seems that the motor just stops running. I have checked the switch and it seems to be performing correctly. Is this the motor going bad? And if so has anyone performed this operation?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the motor. There's a current limit switch and when the motor draws the cut off amount, the internal breaker trips. It will automatically reset after a minute. It has to do with the mechanism getting tighter and not working smoothly, which causes it to draw more power and trip the breaker. Try lubricating the unit and adjusting the arms. BTW, only worked on mine a couple times. Now I just operate it manually.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

You might want to also check and make sure your electical connections are good as well....especially the ground.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived